“Pleasant hotel but poor food.”

BEST WESTERN Bradford Guide Post Hotel
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
uk
“Pleasant hotel but poor food.”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed for one night for work. Friendly staff and the room was clean and a good size. We ate in the restaurant as the menu looked appealing but unfortunately it did not live up to it's expectations. The chicken was dry and the vegetables were hard and watery. Overpriced.
I would stay again but I'd eat out next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Worcester
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Very average hotel. The decor and facilities are just about ok for a one night business stay but the noise is dreadful. I had a room which may have been either at the side or the back of the hotel, impossible to be sure as my view was of a brick wall and nothing else. The noise from other rooms was really excessive and I only mean people walking and using the bathroom. The floor in the room above was the squeekiest I have ever heard! I don't think anyone appreciates hearing people in neighbouring rooms using the bathroom!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

No no and once again no ....

Got booked in here by work. Won't happen again.

Typical Best Western trying to be something it's not.

Street lights that are the equivalent of searchlights nearby so brace yourself for the land of the midnight sun as "curtains" don't give the black out necessary....still doesn't matter as you won't be sleeping because of the traffic noise as hotel is stuck adjacent to an industrial estate so plenty of traffic noise to pass the not sleeping hours.....

Don't expect to be able to park at hotel as spaces are totally inadequate. Instead nearby roads and walk...fun if it's raining.

Food is OK but if you order a side with your Main emphasise that you want it at the same time as the main course....timing seems not to be the chefs greatest ability ....and this was 2 nights running !

Fancy a packet of crisps with a pint and you be directed to a vending machine ..... how bloody difficult can it be to have packets of crisps at the bar ? Maybe too difficult for staff to manage.....walking and chewing gum springs to kind

Wonder what your fellow guests are up to ? Listen to plumbing and you'll know as when they use the wash hand basin in their room as the room's water pipes are unbelievably noisy....

Wifi is free and needs to be as keeps dropping out .....

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Samtom1965
west sussex
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a real find. I've stayed at Bewleys, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn Express and Jurys Inn in Leeds and the Hilton Bradford in the past ...but they all looked overpriced this time and this hotel ticked all the boxes for meeting I had in Bradford the next day. Fast check in, free wi-fi and convenient parking, nice clean spacious room, comfy bed, central heating that worked, new looking and spotlessly clean bathroom with a deep bath (unlike Jury's Inn shallow ones). Was going to eat out ...but looked at dinner menu and changed my mind. Dinner was fresh cooked and delicious - very well presented too. Service was friendly,polite and attentive - both at dinner and at breakfast the next morning. Have no hesitation in recommending this owner-run hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night and was really impressed. My sister and I went on a cheap coach package trip so we didn't know what hotel we would be staying at. The staff treated all of the coach party really well. We had a three course meal with very generous portions and a good breakfast too. The rooms were very clean and well equipped. All the staff were friendly and very polite, thanks to you all. Oh considering our coach party paid pocket money prices there were still some people moaning. Why????

Room Tip: Room 23 was a nice, clean twin room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joanne H
Manchester
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just for the "Faulty Towers Dining Experience". All of the staff were helpful, The evening meal during the show was great and the breakfast was well cooked and tasty. The location is not ideal, but if you are going for an occasion at this hotel, it's very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
cumbria
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel is very nice although there isn't very much nearby. Probably handy if you are just going to the airport or something.
The decor is nice and the rooms spacious.
It is however on a main road - not a really busy main road, but there is a constant stream of traffic all day and all night.
There is also, apparently, no rooms at the rear of the hotel.
We asked for a quiet room because I am a very light sleeper. Our room overlooked the road and the car park. It was also very hot. We could not open the window because of the noise of the traffic. From early in the morning there was also van reverse beeps either from in the car park or from the place over the road.
On top of that, the wind was blowing directly at the windows and caused a noise like a mouth organ. At first I thought we hadn't shut the window properly but on investigating, realised the noise was actually coming through the centre panel, which although has a window, does not open so the sound must have been coming in around the seal.
I contacted them on our return and BEFORE writing this review but they have been VERY unsympathetic: 1. They can't help the noise from the traffic (fair point, but could they not have warned us before we booked?) 2. They have had the window fitters back to look at the windows and there is nothing wrong with them!!! (Oh so I made the mouth organ noise up did I? My partner actually dreamt about a fog horn that night, which was obviously the same noise. I imagine it will be very difficult to tell if there is a gap in the seal unless the wind is blowing in the same direction but that does not mean I have made it up. 3. They put us in a room with unoccupied rooms on either side of us apparently. I would love to know whose telly/radio I could hear the night before then? I would not complain about this ever but it makes me curious because I also, very clearly heard someone showering in the morning too!!!
It's a shame because as I said, it is a nice hotel and although I do not agree that the customer is always right, I really would have expected a better response than what I have had.
Due to this, I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs but don't bother booking if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple