Best Western Bradford Guide Post Hotel
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
$46
$72
$76
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgolden wedding partyno liftpiping hotrecommend this hoteltrouser presswestern hotelscouple of nightscoach tripcomfortable hotelgood sizecooked breakfastpleasant staygood nights sleepcurrytea and coffeeone night stayfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a real find. I've stayed at Bewleys, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn Express and Jurys Inn in Leeds and the Hilton Bradford in the past ...but they all looked overpriced this time and this hotel ticked all the boxes for meeting I had in Bradford the next day. Fast check in, free wi-fi and convenient parking, nice clean spacious room, comfy bed, central heating that worked, new looking and spotlessly clean bathroom with a deep bath (unlike Jury's Inn shallow ones). Was going to eat out ...but looked at dinner menu and changed my mind. Dinner was fresh cooked and delicious - very well presented too. Service was friendly,polite and attentive - both at dinner and at breakfast the next morning. Have no hesitation in recommending this owner-run hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night and was really impressed. My sister and I went on a cheap coach package trip so we didn't know what hotel we would be staying at. The staff treated all of the coach party really well. We had a three course meal with very generous portions and a good breakfast too. The rooms were very clean and well equipped. All the staff were friendly and very polite, thanks to you all. Oh considering our coach party paid pocket money prices there were still some people moaning. Why????

Room Tip: Room 23 was a nice, clean twin room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just for the "Faulty Towers Dining Experience". All of the staff were helpful, The evening meal during the show was great and the breakfast was well cooked and tasty. The location is not ideal, but if you are going for an occasion at this hotel, it's very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel is very nice although there isn't very much nearby. Probably handy if you are just going to the airport or something.
The decor is nice and the rooms spacious.
It is however on a main road - not a really busy main road, but there is a constant stream of traffic all day and all night.
There is also, apparently, no rooms at the rear of the hotel.
We asked for a quiet room because I am a very light sleeper. Our room overlooked the road and the car park. It was also very hot. We could not open the window because of the noise of the traffic. From early in the morning there was also van reverse beeps either from in the car park or from the place over the road.
On top of that, the wind was blowing directly at the windows and caused a noise like a mouth organ. At first I thought we hadn't shut the window properly but on investigating, realised the noise was actually coming through the centre panel, which although has a window, does not open so the sound must have been coming in around the seal.
I contacted them on our return and BEFORE writing this review but they have been VERY unsympathetic: 1. They can't help the noise from the traffic (fair point, but could they not have warned us before we booked?) 2. They have had the window fitters back to look at the windows and there is nothing wrong with them!!! (Oh so I made the mouth organ noise up did I? My partner actually dreamt about a fog horn that night, which was obviously the same noise. I imagine it will be very difficult to tell if there is a gap in the seal unless the wind is blowing in the same direction but that does not mean I have made it up. 3. They put us in a room with unoccupied rooms on either side of us apparently. I would love to know whose telly/radio I could hear the night before then? I would not complain about this ever but it makes me curious because I also, very clearly heard someone showering in the morning too!!!
It's a shame because as I said, it is a nice hotel and although I do not agree that the customer is always right, I really would have expected a better response than what I have had.
Due to this, I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs but don't bother booking if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flicker96
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Thought i would take my wife out for a nice quiet meal in the Guide posts restaurant.I was using a HI Life card so this i new would half my bill.I ordered garlc mushrooms starters,i got cheap tinned mushrooms in sauce bad start nearly a fiver each.I decided to order the most expensive meal on the menue to make up for the poor quality starter the fillet steak at almost twenty pounds each.Well when that came i was again in shock,with that came two small fried fresh mushrooms and two tiny frozen onion rings and a small bowl of hand cut chips.The steak was poor quality meat but was cooked ok.After eating this poor quality over priced food i still felt robbed only paying half the bill,much better value places to eat. Steve Bradford

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple