“DO NOT THROW A PARTY HERE”

Best Western Bradford Guide Post Hotel
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I booked my daughters 18th birthday party here. There was a £200 security deposit to pay as it was an 18th for any breakages or damages. This I did find acceptable as I knew the party would be great. There was family from Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield and Scarborough that came so resulting in quite a few people staying at the hotel. The bar at the party closed at one o clock to which the room was left clean and tidy. A few people decided to have a few more drinks in the residents bar and myself and my husband decided to retire to bed!. However when I asked about my £200 the following morning I was told I could not have it back. When questioned I was told it was because of the noise???? And sick on the staircase. It was not sick, it was cous cous. Apparently somebody was having a domestic at the front of the hotel at 4.30 in the morning. Proof it was my party??? None!!! Also how can I control people arguing when I was in bed and more to the question....why??? My party finished at one o clock with no problems whatsoever, if The Guidepost want to serve people more alcohol then that is up to them, howvere at 4.30 in the morning when people have been drinking since 7.30 then I am sure a few words can be exchanged. Why should I be punished for you wanting to make even more money? If you dont want "noise" dont serve people more alcohol. Also apparently two rooms checked out a night early because of the noise?? erm......it's a hotel.....Lord knows how they would have gone on if the stayed as there was two weddings on the following day!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
suebarnes, General Manager at Best Western Bradford Guide Post Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

The Guide Post Hotel acknowledges and values all constructive feedback and comments. The experiences and observations as listed have been dealt with direct with the guest.
The Guide Post Hotel maintains its committment to provide the highest standards of services and facilities to all of our residents and guests. We thank you for your valued feedback

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Staff polite and friendly but restaurant food very cheap,poor quality and way overpriced for what it was, wouldn't advise eating there.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stumbled across the Guide Post completely by chance. Enjoyed a bit of banter with reception staff. Managed to negotiate a 'deal' for a suite (this always adds to any feel-good factor going). Lunched at the spacious Park House (pub) across the road which had an eeeeextensive menu. Didn't mention, we (I) came for the rugby at Odsal which was just a short walk away. Whilst her majesty occasionally partakes (spectates), on this occasion she decided to do the Holy Trinity church fete (again across the road). Whilst I watched Bradford v Catalans, she feted then retired to our suite to read one of her purchases. Spent the evening in the lobby with a glass of wine or two watching the best entertainment we had seen for many a long year - well-oiled northern girls (from the three parties being held) in their outrageous frocks stumbling around on 6-inch stilettos/platforms. This area (in summer) is like a fragment of Middle England that has somehow become misplaced next to one of the North's biggest post-industrial cities (although I guess the reverse is true - Low Moor is just beyond the limit of Bradford's expansion). In many ways, our stay here was the highlight of our little tour of England. By the way, whilst our room was above (with one floor in-between) one of the parties being held, we didn't hear a thing.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here for one night earlier this month as I had an early meeting the following day. It was the ideal location for me in terms of where I wanted to be the next morning, but there is not much else round there that I could see, aside from houses and what looked to be an industrial estate a bit further down the road.
I was a bit put off when I arrived as the building does not look very welcoming from the outside - and there was a group of 8 or so men drinking pints on the front steps leading up to reception when I got there - but once inside, it is a nice hotel. Clean, nice staff, good sized rooms.
I had room service that evening which arrived quickly and was very pleasant. I was offered a cooked breakfast the next morning, but chose cereals etc instead.
I'd never go back there for a romantic weekend or a night away with the girls, but would definitely stay there again if I had another early meeting in the area. Good value, and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stayed at the guide post hotel in July. Arriving after 7pm I found the hotel to be opposite an industrial estate and to be honest I was now thinking, should I have made this booking. The car park was crowded but I did find a space. Inside the hotel check in was quick and easy with a friendly receptionist. My room was absolutely fine clean with contemporary decoration, a large flatscreen freeview TV, excellent bed and very good bathroom with a nice powerful shower. I did eat in the restaurant and a minor complaint would be a limited menu, but the service was quick and the food well cooked. The bar served a reasonable selection of alcoholic and soft drinks and not too over priced like some hotels. My bed was comfortable enough for me to oversleep, somthing I rarely do in a hotel, so breakfast was a little rushed but good. Checkout was fine with no problems. If working in the area again I would definately attempt to book another room.

Room Tip: Book early on the hotels website.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I can't fault thus hotel although I know others do from time to time. Part time hotel viewers of the BBC sitcom sort. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful, assisting me in my Smart phone problem with a Google when the world caved in.

One uses this place to access the moors for walks and hikes in the summer. I know others use it for their big event. We generally pick our way through the big events. One thing to remember is to contact them the day before early ish before room assignment if you are not part of the event else you could be disturbed with noise. You get placed away from the party area - northerns do like their parties and to let their hair down. Saying this the only time we have been disturbed is when youngsters with a camper van partied outside 50 yards away. Whether it was the younger crowd of the "event" or some other "event" of neighbouring houses 100 yards away not sure. Too hot to close the window. But other than this sleep has been restful.

There is a good Indian restaurant at very realistic prices, no alcohol, called the Bali Fusion about 1/2 mile away around and across a big roundabout and down a street, that past the allotments on the right, turn left, past the park on the left, over the roundabout via the under pass, sort off at 10 o'clock. We make that our ritual eating place after a day of hiking, then back to the hotel.

The wifi is free although can be problematic in some of the rooms. OK in reception. They need to get more routers on the downstairs corridor going out behind the reception. Some people are never happy.... but other than that it's fine, clean, friendly and functional.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights whle celebrating my husbands 60th birthday.
We got a good rate and an e-mail before we left home secured an upgrade to a great suite!
The room was huge with a dressing room, lounge area and good size bath room.
It was nice and modern, the one criticism was the poor lighting in the desk area and only 1 bedside light. The breakfast on the 1st day was great but was let down by poor sevice on the 2nd day..a Monday with few guests. We would certainly return.

Room Tip: The suites are great but its a long walk to get there!