“Perfectly Fine”

Zest Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #285 of 697 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: International
Description: Stylish and casual, Zest Bar & Restaurant serves brasserie-style, international cuisine with flair. Starbucks coffee is served throughout the day.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfectly Fine”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Staying at the Hollins Hall Hotel my girlfriend and I enjoyed a dinner for two at Zest on a Saturday evening. When we arrived the restaurant it was quiet, a result of the overly critical reviews below I'm sure, but as the evening went by several other guests arrived improving the atmosphere. Our food, reasonably priced between £11 - £15 arrived relatively quickly and was hot and fresh. The staff are indeed excellent - friendly and extremely helpful. We were looking for a quiet, relaxing dinner and that's exactly what we got. If we were staying at the hotel we wouldn't hesitate to visit Zest again.

• Visited November 2012

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Use the Zest restaurant and it will be a gamble that is a sure loss! Avoid it is my view, based on numerous occasions!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

A group of us stay at the Marriott Hotel every week and have done for months; we have now given up on the Zest restaurant due to extremely poor quality food, and a chef who obviously is mute when listening to customer complaints. I've sent back many dishes and all I can say is the person cooking has no idea!

The last time I was in there I sent back my dish, and was told by the server it was normal for that dish to go back! and then my colleague sent back his lamb and said he asked for it to be medium ... chef then said it was, but one end was burnt, the middle over cooked and the end undercook; chef said it was because the meat was a wedge and thin one side thick the other! How stupid is that … he was given the food back as is!

They have no idea on what they re doing and as for cost, the prices are ridiculous, very expensive for low quality microwave food that has come direct from the freezer.

Bar staff are good though, but are embarrassed as they have to serve up the low quality food and listen to customers complain.

The Marriott management seriously needs to do something and sort that place out.

Zero out of ten for food!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank D K
“Avoid at all costs”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My colleagues and I stay at the Marriott on a regular basis, we've eaten here a few times, the food is Asda/Morrison supermarket cafe standard. If you had paid £4.95 for a main course you wouldn't complain, the fact is that it's £14 - £18 a head. We've complained and fed back several times but the managerment are not interested. Bar staff are very nice though. Saw a regular tonight getting a pizza dropped off, says it all really. Conclusion - avoid, very poor.

1 Thank Rick C
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Do not use this restauarnt”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We have enjoyed Sunday lunches here in the past but these have now been relocated to the 2nd floor Zest reastaurant which is basically a McDonalds with ridiculous prices. £14 for a burnt pizza missing three of the basic components? Returned and still charged for:? £12 for a burger which left a member of our party LESS impressed than a McDonalds happpy meal - he is 17! This restaurant is a complete rip off, staffed by people obviously without any management direction and it shows in the customer experience.

2 Thank KatyNarey