“"Work, work and more work"”
Review of The Bradford Hotel

The Bradford Hotel
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Checking In-Like Joe P, my colleague and I were not aware that the Hotel was no longer part of the Hilton Group. I had made the booking on the previous Friday through the works website and there was no notification on there. The Hotel had changed hands that day and the staff were still uncertain if they had a job or not. That fact did not detract from the first rate service they provided.
On checking in, as always I asked for a quiet room. Hmmm the Hotel is situated on a main road in front of the train and bus station. Both of us had booked a QueenRoom, but these are situated on the first floor. The checkin lady (Sorry I have forgotten her name as I am behind with my reviews) suggested that the quietest rooms would be on the upper floors, facing the road, but with only a double bed not a queen/King. The room would be of a higher spec than the queen and she would upgrade me for free.
Tea Tray- plenty of tea, coffee, milk etc that was replenished daily. Can't remember if we got bikkies or not.
Room- My first thought was OMG-This room is right facing the clock, which was chiming 6pm. How can this be a quiet room with that thing going off every 15 mins, fear not it is turned off at 11pm and comes back on at 6am. Phew! The room looked like it has recently been refurbished and although it was not as large as my colleagues, it was fine.
Bathroom- Lovely and clean with a bath and plenty of shampoo, soap etc the towels were also fluffy and white.
Breakfast- Exactly the same as what you get at any Hilton Chain. My colleague wanted porridge, which she could not see. The chef made some especially for her and asked how she liked it- It came out as requested.
Dinner- We don't usually eat in the Hotel, but it was pourind down, so we thought we would give it a try. A few things on the menu were not available, but we were made aware of this as soon as we sat down. We both had steak- My colleague has it still alive and I have it medium- Both were cooked to perfection and brought out at the same time piping hot.
Pudding- I asked for a variation on the ice cream that they had on the menu. The chef made it to my specification (With loads of rapberry coulis) delicious.
Like Joe P our payment had not been processed, but unlike some hotels the staff did not demand we paid on checking in and said they would sort it before we checked out- They did.
I am sooo glad that all the staff at this hotel got to keep their jobs, as they are a credit to the hotel- You would not have guessed what turmoil was going on behind the smiles, unless you took time to ask- which I did.
A big Thank you to all the staff from Donna and Jac for making our work trip to Bradford as enjoyable as possible and providing this hotel is available through our works on line booking system I will be staying here if I need to visit Bradford in future.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the Hotel are quieter than the back- Rooms on low floors have larger beds, but...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Botica1526
Moez R, Public Relations Manager at The Bradford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2016

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have stopped here many times when it was a Hilton and was not aware until I turned to park that it was no longer in the chain. The hotel it self is good value and good location. The staff were more than helpful especially as Hilton had not passed over all my booking details. Rooms clean and tidy, very warm.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank joep735

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I attended an awards ceremony held at this hotel last night and just wanted to say how well I was looked after having notified them that I needed a gluten free meal as I am a coeliac - this was done all without fuss and I even had a gluten free cup cake! - very impressed - thankyou.

Joelle Bacon

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Booked a deluxe room at this hotel as a weekend city break. The location in relation to the city centre is good. BUT The rooms were of poor standard, carpets dirty, and in poor state of repair. We had a theft from our room which the hotel say they have investigated, but we feel they have just dismissed. We would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I booked to stay at the Hilton Bradford hotel in October for a June stay. We were going to a show at The Alhambra. On the night before we were due to stay I went onto my Hilton online account and found that although this stay was there, I could not find out any information. The message that I got inferred that there was a problem with the site (nothing unusual for Hilton). My husband googled the hotel on another site for directions and got a map of Bradford showing that the hotel was permanently closed. I then phoned the no. on my booking and found that the hotel still existed,, but was no longer owned by Hilton. Why did nobody tell us.
We arrived at reception and the staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. We asked for a quiet room and they gave us one on the fourth floor, facing the street, which they said was quieter than the ones overlooking the taxi rank and interchange. With double glazing in the room there was not a lot of noise. However, it was very warm, no air con to speak of and we could not open a window, so that was uncomfortable. The cleanliness of the room was adequate. We had breakfast at the hotel and it was good, with plenty of choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing to the front.
1  Thank Lindagreenacre

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Formerly the Hilton, this hotel in central Bradford did not live up to expectations. Our deluxe room was adequate but lacked basic things like literature regarding the hotel and information about the Bradford area. We had an early evening meal in the City 3 restaurant which was quite pricey and the floor around our table was covered in crumbs. Breakfast, buffet style, was disappointing and of poor quality. We would not recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Janet190744

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've just sat my M249 practical modern statistics exam in a wonderful function room at the Hilton, Bradford. I had a large table (big enough for at least 4 people) all to myself. The table was covered in a brilliant white tablecloth. All my examination papers, answer booklet, information papers and everything I needed was neatly laid out in front of me, ready to start my exam.

The room was large enough for a banquet, with a shuttered bar running down the left hand side. Tables were placed in rows on either side of the room, side on to the bar, with an aisle in between each row, and an even larger isle in the centre of the room. My table was at the back of the room, bang in the middle of the centre isle. The room was spacious and sitting at the back, I felt like queen of all I surveyed. It was a marvellous view with plenty of 'thinking' space in between all of the desks.

At the front of room stood a curtained stage, and in front of the stage, directly opposite me, the moderator sat, quietly moderating. It was such a peaceful and lovely atmosphere, like being on holiday. The pressure I anticipated from having taken previous exams just wasn't there.

What a wonderful experience. Thank you Hilton, Bradford.

Room Tip: Excellent location for conferences (or exams). Lovely front of house welcome and plenty of staff on...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business