Checking In-Like Joe P, my colleague and I were not aware that the Hotel was no longer part of the Hilton Group. I had made the booking on the previous Friday through the works website and there was no notification on there. The Hotel had changed hands that day and the staff were still uncertain if they had a job or not. That fact did not detract from the first rate service they provided.
On checking in, as always I asked for a quiet room. Hmmm the Hotel is situated on a main road in front of the train and bus station. Both of us had booked a QueenRoom, but these are situated on the first floor. The checkin lady (Sorry I have forgotten her name as I am behind with my reviews) suggested that the quietest rooms would be on the upper floors, facing the road, but with only a double bed not a queen/King. The room would be of a higher spec than the queen and she would upgrade me for free.
Tea Tray- plenty of tea, coffee, milk etc that was replenished daily. Can't remember if we got bikkies or not.
Room- My first thought was OMG-This room is right facing the clock, which was chiming 6pm. How can this be a quiet room with that thing going off every 15 mins, fear not it is turned off at 11pm and comes back on at 6am. Phew! The room looked like it has recently been refurbished and although it was not as large as my colleagues, it was fine.
Bathroom- Lovely and clean with a bath and plenty of shampoo, soap etc the towels were also fluffy and white.
Breakfast- Exactly the same as what you get at any Hilton Chain. My colleague wanted porridge, which she could not see. The chef made some especially for her and asked how she liked it- It came out as requested.
Dinner- We don't usually eat in the Hotel, but it was pourind down, so we thought we would give it a try. A few things on the menu were not available, but we were made aware of this as soon as we sat down. We both had steak- My colleague has it still alive and I have it medium- Both were cooked to perfection and brought out at the same time piping hot.
Pudding- I asked for a variation on the ice cream that they had on the menu. The chef made it to my specification (With loads of rapberry coulis) delicious.
Like Joe P our payment had not been processed, but unlike some hotels the staff did not demand we paid on checking in and said they would sort it before we checked out- They did.
I am sooo glad that all the staff at this hotel got to keep their jobs, as they are a credit to the hotel- You would not have guessed what turmoil was going on behind the smiles, unless you took time to ask- which I did.
A big Thank you to all the staff from Donna and Jac for making our work trip to Bradford as enjoyable as possible and providing this hotel is available through our works on line booking system I will be staying here if I need to visit Bradford in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bradford Hotel is located in the heart of the city and is the perfect base for both leisure and business travellers alike. Flexible spaces and state-of-the-art facilities make it the ideal venue for corporate meetings, social gatherings or special occasions. Our stylish guest rooms, professional services and host of amenities ensure a memorable and productive stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Bradford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bradford Hotel Bradford
- Hilton International Bradford
- Bradford Hilton International