“Excellent ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Midland Hotel
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
“Excellent ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Having received a group email from the guesthouse we had booked several weeks earlier doubling the cost of our stay, (Cherrytree guesthouse in Idle, shamelessly profiteering on the TdF), we needed to find a room at short notice. No easy task when 2.5m people were due to watch the Grand Depart of the Tour de France in Yorkshire.

As it happens, the Midland was perfect. Available rooms, cheaply priced, fantastic location by Forcester Square station, well appointed clean rooms (with bath), excellent breakfast, nice Gin & Tonic in the bar, and above all staff who were friendly, polite, and professional. Secure free parking was a bonus. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Anthony G
Thank you for this most generous review on Tripadvisor.

I am sorry you were put in such a position with your accommodation prices being increased substantially, but I am pleased we managed to help.

Le Grand Depart was truly an amazing event for Yorkshire, and I am thrilled you were able to come and be part of it. I am equally pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and it is most kind of you to recommend our hotel so highly.

Should you return to Yorkshire at any time in the future, I do hope you would afford us the pleasure of your company.

Gary Peacock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I went there on Saturday 5th July. We had drinks before and after dinner in the bar. We were served in the most polite and professional way by a young man called Rich, his service and the general standard of the hotel was 1st class. It added to our enjoyable evening. These standards are what can make Bradford great again. Thank you. Mr & Mrs Henson, Bulldog Beds, 33 Cheapside, Bradford, BD1 4HR.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brian H

How very Kind of you to post this amazing review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased you received “1st Class Service”

I am thrilled you enjoyed your dining experience here with us at The Midland Hotel, and it was an absolute pleasure to take good care of you both. I will very much look forward to sharing this review with my team.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again, at some point in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Very enjoyable stay , staff were very attentive a big thanks to Khalid for making breakfast special and pointing out the hashbrowns upon request ...the room was clean and tidy the bed was very comfy and my wife spent a good hour in the bath with her kindle so all good .We live in Bradford and it is great that there is a little gem like the Midland still left with all the Architecture still in tact .... Thank you to all the Staff ....

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
1 Thank Michael L
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Michael L

Thank you very much for posting this generous review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am glad we took such good care of you both, and your comments are much appreciated. I will pass your thanks on to my hard working team, especially Khalid.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Midland Hotel at some point in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Wow. What a fantastic hotel. I had trouble finding the car park due to road works so I stopped and called. A porter came out into the street to direct me into the car park then carried my bag up to the room. And I was given a room upgrade. Fabulous room, big, comfy, but was a bit too warm, soon solved by opening the windows wide. Lovely black marble bathroom. Lovely breakfast all cooked to order, no congealed buffet here. A gorgeous old building with beautiful decor. Sumptuous carpets. Amazing staircase. The staff were amazing, going out of their way to help and to make my stay as good as possible.
The only complaint was the building site outside the window where they started work at 7.30am, wasn't expecting that noise on a Sunday morning.
Loved it. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from where the new shopping centre is being built.
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Sue K

Thank you very much for posting this excellent review on Tripadvisor, I am most pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.It appears we took good care of you and I will pass your kind comments on to my team.

The Midland Hotel is a beautiful building, and a pleasure to work in. I very much look forward to welcoming you back here at some point in the future.

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a summer special package which included dinner, bed and breakfast. The dinner was first class and the service was superb.
If you take this package you can take a meal at an Indian restaurant instead of in the hotel.
The only minor issue we had was that it was very warm in the room at night. But this is common in nearly every hotel we have stayed in in the UK.
We will definitely be returning and we will most likely make this our hotel of choice in Bradford.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Mickchambers

I would very much like to thank you for taking the time to write and post this extremely generous review on Tripadvisor. I really do appreciate your kind comments, and look forward to sharing them with my team.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, and that we took good care of you. We offer a range of packages; this is one of my favourites.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Midland Hotel at some point in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have lived in Bradford all our lives and have always been aware of how wealthy a city it used to be as a world center for the wool trade this is evident as soon as you enter the Midland.
Quality hits you straight away a marvelous entrance a flowing staircase wow.
There is preserved the original entrance from the old Exchange station also go into the bar to the left of the entrance for a really original relief map of old Bradford stunning , I could go on and on.
We had our afternoon tea which was a real treat superb sandwiches and cakes and a pot of tea of real quality , takes you back to how things used to be.
Mustn't forget the staff , they are a credit to the hotel they really looked after us and everyone else.
The city has had some bad press , but it is on the up and with a hotel of this quality what are you waiting for...go for it you won't be disappointed

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear En1gma2014

How very kind of you to post this excellent review on Tripadvisor, your comments are greatly appreciated

Afternoon tea is a perfect way to relax and enjoy this beautiful Victorian building, and I am fortunate enough to spend most days here.

I am in total agreement with your comment that Bradford is on the up. We are also very much looking forward to having Westfield as our new neighbour.

May I also thank you for recommending The Midland Hotel so highly in your review.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I have just had an enjoyable stay at the Midland. Architecturally the building is stunning and the social spaces are beautiful. I was a lone female traveller working on business and felt very comfortable in the hotel. Staff were polite and welcoming. The night I stayed there was a large Asian wedding which visually added glamour however the noise from the celebrations did filter through to my room a little. I was in room 241 and decor wise it felt a little tired. My outlook was the back of the hotel which though not sightly was quieter than the front street and I think they put me away furthest away from the function rooms. The breakfasts were great and included not only the standard full english but some lighter options like scrambled eggs and salmon, poached haddock and made to order omelettes. Perfect for me. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear panda961

May I start by thanking you for posting this review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are much appreciated. I will enjoy sharing them with my team.

I am pleased you felt comfortable as a lone female traveller and enjoyed your stay with us.

The Asian wedding was visually amazing and I am glad you enjoyed the glamour. Your room was allocated to give you minimal noise. I am pleased we managed this for you.

I do hope we have the pleasure of your company, the next time you are visiting Bradford.