“very good for city centre stay with parking”
Review of Midland Hotel

Midland Hotel
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Peterborough
“very good for city centre stay with parking”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

a very handy hotel for a city centre stay. Easy enough to find in spite of confusing road layout around city centre. Just look for brown hotel signs. free parking a definite plus, Room was ok with large bathroom (shower over bath) and very quiet out back. Has an old fashioned charm. we were greeted with a glass of wine on arrival mid afternoon so relaxed in lounge. Bar lacked atmosphere and was showing football on tv in evening so dined out. breakfast very good with large choice.

Room Tip: Any room not overlooking road should be quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear MrandMrsSJ

Thank you for your kind review, I see you are a top contributor here on Tripadvisor. I am most pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do show top football matches in our public bar. Should you choose to stay with us again, you will be more than welcome to dine in our Foyer Bar as many of our residents do find this relaxing.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to the Midland Hotel at some point in the future.

Gary Peacock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
crawley uk
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed at the Midland for a total of six days over a 2 week period ending Wednesday 26th Mar.
Overall a very pleasant stay,the staff were friendly and attentive to guests requests. Katey was great,thank you Katey. My only criticism would be the closing time of the " public bar" this is a bar which although is part of the hotel is used by residents and non-residents it has a tv to watch sport some thing the residents bar does not have. One day it is 3pm other days it will be 4 pm and from what I can gather it is up to the bar stafft decide.
The hotel has old world decor but the rooms are very small compared to other hotels of the same price or cheaper that I have stayed at. The food is very good and of a reasonable price
I had the steak and it was cooked to perfection.I wanted the fish & chips but it had been taken off the menu!

Room Tip: I was told all the rooms are the same by a member of staff so I can't really help with room sele...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear kenkennedy

May I start by thanking you for taking the time to write this review, and also for your kind comments regarding my team. I am glad we took good care of you, and I have noted your special thanks to Katie, she works very hard and it is nice to get such positive feedback.

I do apologize if you were not made aware that the public bar closes between 3pm and 4pm for staff breaks.

We do have a great choice of rooms, should we have the pleasure of your company again my reception team will be more than happy to show you a selection.

Our menu can change on a daily basis; however I am thrilled you enjoyed your steak.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is a well-kept, charming Victorian Hotel that really makes you feel as if you have stepped back into the past. It is in the heart of the City and within walking distance of the train station. It has a nice small comfortable bar in the lobby and a small restaurant that serves a satisfying continental or full breakfast. There are several different levels of accommodation. I was happy to have free Wi-Fi in my room and a refrigerator. The bathroom was roomy with a full size tub, an overhead shower and a handheld shower arm. There is no extra charge for room service. The mezzanine level has couches and chairs for sitting and chatting and the wooden staircase leading down to the lobby is a touch of elegance. For an American, this was an original experience.

Room Tip: If you don't like long hikes to your room, be sure to ask for something closer to the stairs or...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Carolyn J

I enjoyed reading your review today, and it is most kind of you to make such generous comments. I see you are a top contributor on Tripadvisor, and you have stayed in many countries around the world.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay here with us, and enjoyed our beautiful Victorian hotel.

The next time you are visiting the UK, I do hope you will afford us the pleasure of taking care of you once again.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

we stayed for one night while attending the Brass Band area competition at St Georges Hall. The hotel was excellent, the room spacious and the bathroom a good size with a full size bath and a separate shower (big enough for two). The staff were friendly and helpful and always smiled or said good evening/morning. The breakfast was wonderful with a good choice of cereals and fresh fruit followed by a full english with toast and as much tea/coffee as you wanted. Overall we had a wonderful weekend away and will definitely return soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Yorkshiremiss1956

Thank you so much for this very generous review and I am pleased you enjoyed you recent stay with us here at the Midland Hotel, and It was kind of you to take the time to post it on Tripadvisor.

I very much enjoyed listening to the rehearsals (as I do every year). I can imagine it was amazing listening to the actual competition at St Georges Hall.

It is always a pleasure help the many bands that practice here, and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back the same time next year.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We are a bunch of dodgy old footballers who return to Bradford each year to re-live past glories. For the last seven or eight years we have been using the Midland and each year has been better than the last. To the superb service and attention they add great little touches like a welcome glass of wine. This year it was free wi-fi throughout the hotel. Every year, Joanne has worked calmly through our constant room changes and helped us maintain an affordable weekend, A particular thank you this year to the night manager on Thursday who made us most welcome and helped us digest a great curry with a final one for the lift! Thanks also to the breakfast team who did not bat an eyelid when some of us turned up a little late - great, natural service. See you all next year - Kev

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kev O

Your review did make me smile, as did your very kind comments. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and thank you for coming back year after year.

Joanne works extremely hard as does Luke. I will personally pass your thanks onto them, and of course the rest of my team who took good care of you.

Finally the Midland Hotel and staff look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Lille, France
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

The most value of this hotel is the powerful customer service oriented people and the ambiance.

Always clean, calm with relaxing music.

A nice play to stay in Bradford, near the metro station and to the center of Bradford.

Cooked breakfast is real cuisine.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Aaron TravelerS

May I thank you for your very kind comments, and taking time to post this review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay, especially as you had travelled here from France. I expect by the time you arrived at the hotel you were ready to rest, may I say it was our pleasure to take care of you.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stunning hotel. Loved the look, the decor and the staff were extremely polite and professional. The room was lovely. Bed comfortable. Shower brilliant! They should build hotels with as much detail as this. I would stay again!

• Stayed March 2014
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Catherine B

I am delighted you enjoyed your say with us, and thank you so much for this most generous review.

It appears you had a really nice experience. and I will very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Midland Hotel, on your next visit to Bradford.