Midland Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
    • Breakfast included
    View Hotel
    All reviewspeel hotelscomplimentary glass of wineold railwaycar parkgrand staircaseshopping centreoriginal featureslovely hotellarge bathroomforster square stationafternoon teapublic roomspower showerbeautiful buildingtrain stationcentral bradfordbreakfast service
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well here we are again.

We have been frequenting The Midland for some 5 years, on and off, to visit friends and have never had cause for complaint (excluding my daughter's incessant requests to stay one more night)

It has been our pleasure to get to know many staff members and they are always attentive, smiling and will meet or sometimes exceed our expectations.

We had rebooked for the New Year Gala again and were thrilled that it was as good as previous years. The meal is so delicious and I am now a fan of haggis! Who knew? The Vernon Sisters were superb too :D

Mr Peacock has an excellent working relationship with this staff and the attention to detail from them all is superb.

We were booked for 2 nights and stayed for 3, no kidding :D

It is good to hear that the rejuvenation of Bradford continues and I have no doubt that the arrival of the Westfield's shopping centre will be a welcome feature.

I would recommend a nice spot of afternoon tea, people watching and chilling out in their lovely lounge.

All the best guys, hope to see you again during the year

Room Tip: The hotel is in the process of refurbishing and no doubt some rooms are yet to be addressed. We usually stay on the top floor, which is usually nice and quiet and allows a nice walk down the beautiful sweeping stairs. Our family stayed in Room(s) 311, 315, 316 & 318. All were more than suitable. rooms 315 & 316 have interconnecting doors and are very large family rooms. 311 to 316 over look the street, some may be upset with the noise, but I have to say it didn't bother us or the children at all.
    • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
    GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear alexa310168

Thank you very much for this extremely generous review and may I also express my gratitude that you return year after year.

I have a great team here at the Midland and we all enjoy taking care of our guests, it will be a pleasure discussing your review with all concerned.

We are all really excited that Westfield are now on site, and Bradford will certainly benefit from the new shopping centre.

I do hope you allow us to take care of you on your next visit to Bradford.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Friendly, warm welcome, fantastic decor and despite being very busy with xmas parties the restaurant was efficient with excellent choices. The breakfast was fantastic - buffet style with loads of fresh fruit and choice of cooked breakfasts.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
    GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear gillatcsv

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review on Tripadvisor, we have had an extremely busy festive period. I am pleased you had such a warm welcome and enjoyed you stay.

I will pass your generous comments on to my team, especially regarding the food.

May I wish you all the very best for 2014

Reviewed December 27, 2013

we booked to have lunch on christmas eve with our 2 boys age 3 and 9, the entrance to the hotel is very impressive and we thought we were in for a real treat, we were greated by a very friendly member of staff who informed us we would visit santa first and then make our way to the dining room for lunch. santas grotto would best be described as a cupboard and not especially festive, however, santa was a real star! he "remembered" our boys and what they wanted for christmas with only a little prompting he took time talking to them and laughing with them, he wasnt in any rush to get rid of us and was happy to pose for photos, and had a very authentic suit, santa had us all feeling relaxed and happy by the end of our visit so we made our way to the dining room, when we first entered i turned around and walked out, assuming we had taken a wrong turn, the dining room was bland and tired, with just a few baubles hanging on the wall, not at all festive, not sure whether we should choose our own table or wait to be seated we stood awkwardly in the doorway while a gaggle of staff gawped at us from the other end of the room, eventually someone approached us and showed us to our table.
    the staff were courtious though not especially friendly or talkative, there was no festive music and zilch christmas atmosphere, if not for the children blowing party blowers the room would have been silent
    our starters and dessert were delicious, however the main course was sadly lacking, it had the look of a frozen tv dinner and zero taste, my boys even left their pizza!
    as a prestige hotel im sure the midland could do better, a christmas tree, a few more bits of tinsel, some christmas songs and smiling staff would make all the difference. after all, were creating memories here.

1  Thank Nicola C

Dear Nicola C

Thank you for your honest review of your pre Christmas lunch with Santa. I am pleased you were greeted with a warm welcome. I have to agree Santa was a real star, and would have been more than happy to chat for as long as was needed.

I would like to apologise that you were not shown to your table on entering the restaurant; this will be discussed at our post Christmas meeting. I can then make sure this will not happen again.

We did have Seasonal music in the Foyer bar (near Santa’s Grotto) and also in the reception area on your arrival, and also in the restaurant, but we try and stay away from the more ‘cheesey’ Christmas music of shopping centres. Most of our clients, many of whom return year upon year for our Lunch with Santa amazed at the quality of what we provide and the associated value. We offer a unique experience in Bradford for extremely good value for money and as a consequence have catered for over 300 people on Sundays and Christmas Eve in December.

In addition to having the largest live Christmas tree in Bradford, in excess of 26ft, I am shocked that you missed the 14ft tree in the restaurant. In regards to atmosphere we catered for over 50 adults and 20 children and the restaurant was full, but perhaps you arrived as the first table, and entered an empty room initially.

I am really disappointed that you didn’t totally enjoy the experience on Christmas Eve, as also the Restaurant Manager did not have the opportunity in ensuring that you left happy.

Thank you for your feedback it is greatly appreciated and will be discussed during our post Christmas planning meeting.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Just had Christmas dinner at this hotel and it couldn't have been any better. From the welcome on arrival until our departure, we were taken exceptional care of. The food was plentiful, it was presented beautifully and the timings and delivery were first class. It's not the first time our family have had Christmas lunch out, but it is the first time we have all agreed to book for next year. Please would you thank all your staff for me, with a special mention to Rachel and David who took good care of my family. Also Roxy who when I phoned about my lost phone, searched the whole hotel for me, how's that for service!!!!! See you soon.

Dear Michael L

Thank you for your very generous review, Christmas time is very special and I am thrilled you decided to spend Christmas day with us here at the Midland. It sounds like you had a great time. It will be my pleasure in passing your thanks on to all concerned.

We will be more than happy to do the same for you next Christmas, and of course you are most welcome to come along any time before.

I would like to wish you all the very best for 2014

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have just arrived home from having a fabulous Christmas meal at the Midland Hotel Bradford. The staff were all wonderful and attentive to all our needs, our 7 year old granddaughter was greeted on arrival with a personal gift from Santa from under the Christmas tree. I would highly recommend this hotel and are looking forward to booking again next year.

Dear Paul M

I am thrilled your Christmas lunch was a great success, and you were taken such good care of. I am also very pleased Santa popped a gift under our tree for your granddaughter’s arrival here at the Midland.

Thank you for recommending our hotel so highly and we will look forward to taking good care of you next Christmas if not before.

Best wishes for 2014