“Afternoon Tea”
Review of Midland Hotel

Midland Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from an afternoon tea with a group of friends. Service and quality of the food was excellent. The staff were very friendly and we didn't feel rushed to leave. The presentation of the teas on individual tea stands is really good and you feel very special. Well worth a visit while in Bradford.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Boglebird
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Boglebird
Thank most kindly for your review of the hotels afternoon tea, I am delighted to have received such favourable comments.

Afternoon tea is becoming most popular here at the Midland and we love our customers to enjoy the Hotels ambiance whilst doing so.

I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Midland Hotel

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were booked into the Midland as guests at a charity function that we were attending in the hotel that night. We arrived at approx 2-30pm and soon found a parking spot in the free car park. We then walked up the excellent passageway from the car park, which had a really old but special feel about it, with the old suitcases etc. Check in was quick and the staff very friendly, and we were soon in our room on the first floor. The room itself was quite basic, but cosy, with ample wardrobe / drawer space and an iron / ironing board plus tea coffee making facilities. The bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom, and was very nice with ample hot water / towels and soap / shower gel / shampoo etc. We took the short walk into the town centre, where the Bradford Festival was on, before joining our colleagues in the bar for drinks (We didn't realise there were two bars so were drinking alone at first!!)

After getting stuck in the impressive mirrored lift on our way back down to the main event, we entered the very impressive ballroom, with its magnificent centre chandelier, where we enjoyed an excellent meal. Our hosts, and the staff at the hotel made this a very enjoyable evening, with good food, good drink, and good company.

We enjoyed a good nights sleep, before going down for the excellent breakfast, with a good selection of both continental and full English items, together with the much needed coffee to ease the self inflicted headache!!

The hotel is very well positioned, and I really enjoyed the traditional feel, with the grand centre staircase etc, and all the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable & welcome. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel to anyone wanting a central location in Bradford.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear kevg1889

Thank you so much for your very detailed review, I really do appreciate your time. It sounds like you had a great time, I do hope the charity benefited from the evening too.

Your comments are most generous and we do our very best to ensure our guests have a good time, however I am sorry you got stuck in the lift, I do hope it wasn't for too long, on a lighter side you still managed to notice how impressive it was.

I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and the coffee was able to set you up for the day. I will pass your comments to my team.

We are very lucky to work in this beautiful Victorian building and for it to be in such central location too, It is very kind of you to say you would recommend the Midland to anyone who would be looking to stay in Bradford .

I do hope we have the pleasure of your company again In the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The staff are friendly and welcoming; the rooms are clean, modern and quiet; the food is well cooked, inventive and hearty - it's a 5 star review hotel. I stayed here for 2 weeks and could not fault the hotel. The training programmes from the likes of Four Seasons, Oberoi and other swanky chains, should send their staff here to see what the true meaning of the hospitality trade is. Exceptional in all ways. And I love the people and city of Bradford too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank raybagan
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear raybagan

Wow what can I say; what an amazing review that you have written about your stay at the Midland Hotel, thank you so much. It was an absolute delight having you stay with and for Bradford too! All I can say is thank you so much. I am glad you were looked after so well, we have a great team here and take a lot of pride in working together to ensure our customers have a great experience. I will share your review with the team here as your very kind comments make it all worthwhile.

Thank you once again and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed two nights in an executive double room. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was large and very comfortable. If you need to be in central Bradford you will be well looked after. Breakfast was excellent but we didn't dine in the hotel as there are so many restaurants within easy reach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Philip B

Thank you for your most generous comments and I can assure you I will pass them on to my team. We are very fortunate to be in the city centre and in easy reach of many of the surrounding attractions. I am glad you found our executive room very comfortable and I appreciate your kind comments regarding breakfast.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Midland Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here just for the one night after an event at the hotel. The staff were extremely warm, friendly and welcoming.
The hotel is next to the railway station and as you come into the hotel through the car park, it's like stepping back in time as there are elements of the old station - it's superb!
I stayed for breakfast the following morning, once again lovely staff and good food. Will definitely stay again!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank swiss_r
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear swiss_r
I am so glad you decided to spend the night with us after attending an event here. I am thrilled you were looked after by my excellent staff.

The Staff and Management take their roles in customer care so very personally and they always strive to look after our guests to the very best of their ability, whilst remaining friendly. I appreciate your kind comments regarding the hotel, its facilities, the Victorian Passageway from the Car Park and the quality standard of the food at Breakfast.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 23, 2013

As a regular customer of the Peel Hotel gold voucher offer my suggestion of trying Bradford received little support. I am pleased to say that my choice proved a great success as staying at the Midland Hotel was a wonderful experience.The Staff were exceptional and the Hotel elegant and well situated.
Bradford has architecture, shops, and various interesting amenities more than enough to cover in a two day stay so we will certainly return to the Midland Hotel and soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cinron

Dear Cinron
Thank you for returning to stay with us once again at Peel Hotels, and for this time choosing the Midland Hotel in Bradford.

I am very proud of my staff and it is our absolute pleasure to have made your stay “a wonderful experience” and I will be sure to pass your comments on to them. It is very much a passion of mine, that all of our customers enjoy their stay with us or at least if something does go wrong we have the opportunity in putting things right whilst they are still here.

I am very pleased you had time to enjoy Bradford’s architecture and found the City to offer so much.

I look forward to seeing you again very soon and welcome you back to this wonderful City.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The Midland Hotel is right in the city centre very near to Forster Square railway station, which is NOT the main station in Bradford. There is a car park, although the hotel itself can be a little bit tricky to get to by car. It's just a short walk to the city centre shops. In Bradford city centre most of the hotels are are fairly new big chains. The Midland is a traditional older stone built building.

One of the first things that struck us was the helpfulness of the staff, nothing seems to be too much trouble.

Our room was comfortable, adequately spacious, and with a great bathroom that had a huge walk-in shower. However, we had been upgraded to a superior room, so I don't know what the standard rooms are like.

We booked through on online booking agency, and rate was comparable with most of the other nearby hotels. A colleague was staying at the Hilton and paid just a little less. I would say that staying here could be worth just a bit more if you like that personal touch.

My only adverse comment is that the exact terms of our booking were not completely clear upon check-in. Upon check out, it turned out that our rate included breakfast, which we did not know. I'm not sure that we would have had breakfast, but it would have been nice to have had the choice.

Overall, very good if you need to stay in or near the city centre. Just a bit different and more interesting than the concrete chains.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Rog_Enfield
I very much appreciate your kind comments and taking time to write a review, I am particularly grateful for your comment on The Midland being “just a bit different and more interesting”. We want all of our customers to have a wonderful experience when staying with us. I would like to apologise about the mix up over breakfast, which should have been confirmed to you via the booking channel you used. I will however ask my reception team to ensure they clarify to all guests their rate and terms upon check-in. I do hope you have a return visit, upon which you will be able to enjoy breakfast with us.

The staff will take great pride in reading your review and I thank you once again for having taken the time and trouble to write your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Warmest Regards