“A Wonderfull Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Prescot, United Kingdom
“A Wonderfull Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Arrived at hotel the reception staff were really pleasant and friendly we were upgraded to exec twin room that was nice. The room was lovely large flat screen telly robes slippers only complaint was bathroom dirty hairs in bath and grumby slim on bath panel. In saying that when we reported to manager on duty they immediately apologized and offered to move us but with it being late in night we declined didnt want to complain but they said we should off done straight away and housekeepers would come and clean again. We were given free galik coffees which was great. We stayed on a kgb deal which included dinner which again was lovely a la carte menu the staff and waiters were really nice and welcoming. Overall we had a lovely stay the hotel is gorgeous central for the town we jumped train to leeds which is right next door to hotel. I would stay again if i ever went to bradford again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear pumawitch,
I am responding to your very generous comments made in the review you posted following your recent stay at the Midland Hotel, thank you very much indeed. It gives my team great satisfaction receiving positive feedback from our guests following a memorable stay, and the time and trouble you have taken in posting this review is very much appreciated.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the KGB package and thank mentioning the quality of food and the service provided by our staff and the overall value for money.

I appreciate your comments about the dirty Bath Panel and would like to apologise for this deficiency in standards that you experienced, although as you rightly started the Duty Manager or Duty Housekeeper would have reacted positively and dealt with it had they have been informed.

Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel once again very soon. In the meantime thank you once again.

Gary Peacock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

All the service are available that you can expect from a business hotel. Central located in bradford not many restaurants located near the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hlamers1973
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Dear Hlamers1973,
I am very grateful for having received your generous comments regarding the hotel, and its facilities from a business user perspective.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and I thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure of your custom once again soon, but in the meantime, thank you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great position. Friendly and helpful staff. On our arrival we were given an upgrade to an executive room, very nice but no chocolates or fruit! The cleanliness was excellent very impressed. Definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Adri_uk
Thank you very much for the review that you posted following your recent stay with us. I am very grateful for your kind and generous comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, and I am pleased that you appreciated the complimentary upgrade to an executive room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our Charity recently held a Fundraising Dinner at the Midland Hotel, and from start to finish the service we received was amazing!! The room we had hired was absolutely beautiful (the Princes Ballroom) and the hotel had decorated the tables simply and elegantly - better than we could have done ourselves!
Right from setup to the dinner itself to setdown, all of the staff were incredibly helpful, polite and all willing to go the extra mile to help. Gary, the staff member assigned to our evening, was faultless in his service. Even when our seating plan changed numerous times throughout setup, he was always willing to accommodate our needs with a smile. He calmly dealt with any changes to plan and he made all of our team feel like we could approach him with any questions or queries.
The food was absolutely delightful, the waiting staff all attentive but never intrusive and the evening completely wonderful! I could not recommend the Midland enough for an event. We will certainly be using them again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rachel100512,
Thank you very much indeed for your very kind review following your event here at the Midland Hotel. I am so pleased that your event and experience of the hotel was such a success and was enjoyed by all who attended. I would also like to add my appreciation of you having noticed the professionalism of the Events team here from the initial planning stages throughout the build up and organising period, to the successful running of night itself, and in particular thank you for mentioning Gary.
In conclusion I am really pleased that you and your colleagues had such a memorable experience with us and I would like to extend my thanks to you again for taking the time and trouble in writing your review.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

We organised our University Ball here May 2012 after thoroughly enjoying many University events here in the past, The events organiser was great, everything ran incredibly smoothly, and the food was of excellent quality and hot, which I was particularly worried about when running an event for over 150 people, however I was not disappointed. Everyone enjoyed the meal choices (we were supplied with a vast number of options at the planning stage), and the service was impeccable. DJ knew exactly what to play to keep the dance floor bouncing until 1am, and the Prince's Ballroom finished it off as a lovely setting for a special celebratory event. Also during planning, the events organiser had many contacts for added extras, and emailed info through to me which she thought may be of interest - I felt she was interested in the event, and truly wanted it to go well, which was lovely.
The bedrooms are excellent value - many of our guests stayed and commented how they were very spacious and a nice treat to finish the experience off - I've also heard the breakfast was excellent too.
A lovely hotel in a fabulous Victorian building, and next to the train station so perfect to see all the little places around Bradford.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2012
Dear Sew1987, thank you very much for your review following your University Ball, I am delighted that it was such a success and was enjoyed by all who attended. I would also like to add my appreciation of you having noticed the professionalism of the Events team here from the initial planning stages throughout the build up and organising period, to the successful running of night itself.

We continually strive to help event organisers, through our experience, ensure the success of every event we host at the hotel.

In conclusion I am really pleased that you and your University colleagues had such a memorable experience with us and I would like to extend my best wishes to you all for a successful future.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed for work and loved it. Normally don’t look forward to much to work trips away but really enjoyed this one due to both the hotel and Bradford. Booked through work who were just aiming for a reasonably priced decent hotel in the city centre with car parking. As I was spending a full day there I didn’t want to be messing around in the evening. I don’t think they’ve ever done this well before. Great hotel with free parking and lovely rooms, bang in the city centre. Had drinks in the bar before heading out to see a bit of Bradford and eat, staff advice on where to go proved accurate as had an brilliant evening. Will visit again and looking forward to seeing a bit more of a city I’d not really thought about before.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel and just ask.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear T Bergkamp, Many thanks for posting your review following your recent stay at the hotel on a business trip. Not only am I delighted with your very kind comments regarding the hotel, staff, quality of food and service, I am pleased that you have a favourable opinion of the city of Bradford.
I hope to be able to welcome you to the hotel personally should you return on another business trip soon, but in the meantime thank you very much for taking your time to post this review.

Accrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our graduation ball was held at the Midland Hotel, right in the middle of prom season when everyone's finishing school/college/university. With excellent staff and a great management, the French Ballroom was a perfect place for our company of 106. The food could have had something more to say for itself, however everything else lives up past expectations especially the decor. The DJ provided with the room was also new exactly how to work a crowd. I would definitely recommend this room for any sort of event!
I considered putting up decorations, and was allowed to come view the room to see what it would be like on the night of our event but it seems due to H&S and various other reasons there's not much that could be done with the room. However being there on the night, it was quite perfect and with a few balloons here and there it didn't need anything else. The only thing I could suggest is to change the carpet, perhaps??

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Hamzah, thank you very much indeed for posting your review after the successful University Ball.
I am really pleased that you found the hotel, the professionalism of the staff, and the whole evening to be a great success. I appreciate your views on the choice of food and hopefully before too long we will be looking at refurbishing the French Ballroom in its entirety.

Good luck in the future to you and all your colleagues following your graduation, and I hope that you take with you fond memories of not only the Midland Hotel but of the city of Bradford.

Best Wishes and thanks