“The place to be!!!”

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
“The place to be!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

We booked the Midland for our wedding in june and would recommend it to anyone whether you are just wanting a bed for the night, want to go out for a meal or are organising a wedding or conference, we have no doubt the hotel will exceed your expectations!!

Before we booked we went for a look round the hotel with Gary as our guide. Gary was very helpful and answered every question we had. The hotel itself is a victorian masterpiece with spectacular ballrooms and gives you a real taste of the splendor of times gone by.

We then went back to book and met Denise who really looked after us throughout the booking process. We ended up meeting with her several times and she was even there on the day to look after us. I cannot praise her enough for the way she helped to make it such a special day for us. She helped us organise a family meal for 30 of us the night before which also went without a hitch.

On the day running the wedding with Denise was Simon who also acted as toastmaster for us. He is very professional and would be a credit to any hotel. He handled the whole day very well and made sure everything went smoothly. We had a wedding breakfast and a hot buffet at night, the food was delicious and well portioned. The chefs obviously know what they are doing, and all the dietary requirements (some gluten free, some lactose free and some both) were met and dietary foods were even ordered in specially for our guests!!! The bar and waiting staff were all polite and helpful, they also clearly knew what they were doing and I could not fault them in any way.

As bride and groom we received a complimentary room for the wedding night and received a very spacious room with a four poster bed. There was a fair sized bathroom with a jacuzzi and separate large shower that we didnt use because of the jacuzzi. The room was clean and tastefully decorated and the bathroom was spotless. Waiting for us in the room was a nice bottle of bubbly and a gorgeous engraved photo frame from the hotel.

At breakfast in the morning we went down to the restaurant and were again impressed with the food and service. There was a buffet with a good selection of hot and cold food and the restaurant itself is a lovely room.

Overall we had a fantastic time and a lot of that is down to the hotel, they provide superb quality service in a beautiful setting. You can just imagine the victorians who built the hotel getting the same great service 100 years ago. The value placed on customer service is obvious when you speak to any member of staff and they cannot do enough to help you.

We will be using the hotel again whenever we can and are already wondering what excuse we can find to book something else there!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear Happy Couple, it is with my grateful thanks that I write a response to you following your review. I am moved and humbled by your extremely generous appreciation of the facilities, but especially touched by the recognition of the outstanding performance of our team here at the Midland Hotel. Your kind remarks have been passed on to all concerned and I can assure you that we feel very proud and privileged to have had the honour of hosting your Wedding Reception. Publically I would like to extend my great appreciation to all my team for once again being so truly professional.

Guest satisfaction is our ultimate concern and I am personally enthused greatly by knowing that we played our part in making your wedding day so special.

I look forward to meeting you again very soon, but in the meantime I hope that you are enjoying this new chapter in your lives together.

With my fondest regards and thanks.

Gary Peacock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

Overall, this hotel I felt was superb. The whole experience fromstart to finish and excellent value for money. A large double room was about £80 B&B. On arriving I was pleased to find a free of charge car park, welcomed by the newly renovated Victorian theme and decor of the old railway hotel and offered a complimentary glass of wine. From there the rest of the stay was excellent. Food in room service was well presented, tasty and excellent value and incurred no tray charges. The room was airy, clean and included free wi fi. The bathroom was spotless. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear 'thesplatster' may I thank you for your very generous comments regarding the hotel following your recent stay with us. I would like to personally thank you for noticing the small ways that we go the extra mile for our guests, and improve both value for money and the overall experience. As a company that cares about our guests, service is paramount and I would like to thank my staff for ensuring they maintained our standards and provided you with an experience that 'exceeded your expectations'.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, however in the meantime thank you once again for your review.

Bucks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

Stayed at the Midland for a 'FunctionEvening' recently. Very friendly,attentive staff. Excellent newly refurbished rooms, coupled with lovely 'characterful' main areas and function rooms make this a very comfortable hotel. We arrived a little early and were provided with a complimentary pot of coffee in the lounge whilst our room was being finished and then found that all our luggage etc had been taken to the room for us, with suits etc hung in the wardrobes.Nice touch. Meals were very good too. Would certainly go back

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear JohnSterlingBucks, thank you very much indeed for your review following your recent stay. I am so pleased that you found the hotel, and its service to be good enough to use the word 'Excellent', which is this day and age means alot to us as we strive to acheive as you rightly say 'Old fashioned' standards. I appreciate your comments very much, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to be of service to you once again in the future, but in the meantime may I offer a sincere thank you from all the Staff and Management of the Midland Hotel.

Peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

In an age of corporate hotels with exactly the same offering The Midland offers something different, a personal and friendly service, no blue print for room layout and good value.
I stay at The Midland frequently and when in Bradford would never stay at any other hotel (and I’ve been to most of them).
I would also highly recommend the front bar (better feel than the bar located next to Reception and cheaper!) as Matthew (the main barman) was friendly, informative and entertaining. Bar meals are also top notch as well.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
I would like to thank you for your most favourable review, and I am delighted to know that you appreciate the quality of both the facilities and the staff of the Midland Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive such generous comments and I will certainly pass them on to all the staff but particularly Mathew in the Midland Bar; he is a real asset to us and thank you for recognising this.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Midland Hotel on your next business trip to Bradford and I will assure you of my persoanl attention at all times.

Kind Regards

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

We have just spent a long weeked and the Midland Hotel, returning after spending New Year there too. The Hotel has loads of history and the building has two superb entrances. We were looked after by the staff exceptionally well as always with nothing too much trouble and the food is excellent. Although an old building the rooms have been refurbished to a very high standard.

Room Tip: Opt for a De-luxe room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Thank you for your most generous comments regarding your stay at the Midland Hotel over last weekend. I am delighted that you enjoyed your return visit to the hotel, and I will pass on your appreciation to all of my staff. I hope that we might welcome you back again in the not too distant future, but in the meantime thank you once again. It is always a pleasure to be of service to you.

Best Regards

North West UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

I bought a "Gold Voucher" for my partner for Christmas, which was fantastic value and allowed us to have 2 nights DB&B in an executive room. We really enjoyed the hotel, the room was immaculate, the food was excellent and the service was tremendous. We were very impressed by the feel of the hotel, it feels special and is SO much nicer than a modern building with no history.

We didnt spend much time in Bradford instead taking the train to Leeds for some power shopping (about 5 mins walk to station and 20 mins journey).

Within a couple of weeks of returning home, we had to book another weekend away later in the year (thanks Wendy from Peel Hotels!).

We stay in hotels regularly and can honestly say that we judge this hotel to be a cut above.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
I have just received notification of you having posted your review, and may I take this opportunity in thanking you most sincerely for your very complimentary comments. My staff will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much, and I am grateful for your feedback as they all work very hard and guest satisfaction is paramount.

I hope to have the honour of welcoming you back to the Midland Hotel at some future date. However, in the meantime, thank you for choosing Peel Hotels, and Wendy passes on her best regards to you.

Best Regards

durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

We have just returned from a weekend stay at the midland hotel (18th march) and i just had to leave a review as from the moment we entered the hotel to the time we checked out we were looked after by friendly efficient staff. This hotel has some great rooms with lots of history and character and right in the city centre, 7 of us booked a stay here for a family get together and we wheren't dissappointed, checkin was quick and efficient with a smile and a complimentary glass of wine (very nice touch) our rooms where lovely, very clean with great bathrooms we stayed in rooms: 146, 139 and 4 poster 239.
our evening meals along with our breakfast were excellent the food and the service couldn't be faltered. i cannot reccomend this hotel enough we will be booking and staying again next may for a family birthday. it's nice to see a hotel appreciate and look after its guests as this is sadly not always the case, thankyou again to all the staff at the midland hotel keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
GaryPeacock, General Manager at Midland Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Thank you so very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us over last weekend, I really appreciate you having taken the time and trouble to write this review. It is a pleasure for us all to have of service to you and your family, and your comments will be extremely well recieved by all the staff and management. It is definitely a boost for us all when we receive such kind feedback, and we are collectively delighted that you and your family had such a great weekend with us.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel next May, but in the meantime thank you once again.

Kind Regards