“Excellent food and service”
Review of Campanile Bradford

Campanile Bradford
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on a very good value wowcher deal at the end of July.
Minus points first: hotel is a bit out of the way on an industrial estate. Outside appearance is not pretty and the room we had could have been cleaned better, but apart from that it's all good.the reception area is very nice as is the bar and restaurant. Breakfast is good value and plenty of choice (minor gripe about deep fried sausages) and the three course meal deal for £13.95 in the evening is superb value. Staff are very friendly and helpful.
Would have given 5 stars if better location and cleaner rooms.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank 195719
Noreen G, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with the choice of hotel

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your evening meals. I have a really talented team in the kitchen and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I do understand the location of the hotel is not ideal to every guest, but we hope if you are back in the area, you choose to stay with us

Noreen G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Bradford
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The staff on reception are very rude and do not know what the word customer service means! You need to train your staff up more on how to deal with customers. I made a reservation online and was told check in is at 2pm but when I got there I was told by the rude receptionist that I would have to wait until 3pm because no rooms where available as "the systems were down". The customer car park was empty with only 6 cars parked and not even 1 room was ready! The receptionist was sat on the counter doing paperwork and hardly had any eye contact with me! Very unprofessional! Cancelled my booking and went to Cedar Court Hotel around the corner only £2 difference much better hotel and friendly staff

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Solo00
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I was saddened to hear your stay was not to your liking

I can confirm we have experienced loss of our systems this weekend, which did not allow us to see what rooms were available, cleaned or occupied

I would like to invite you to contact me, so I can get some further information about your stay, which will allow me carry out work to improve the issues for other guests. The hotel number is 01274 683 683.

I look forward to speaking to you shortly

Noreen G

Travelers are raving about these Bradford hotels

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Doesn't seem to be any issue with rooms, we were to the front and buses left early, but no noise issues. Booking was done by phone, to head office. Staff appeared to be French but no language issue and very polite and helpful, Spoke to a male and female both excellent. Front desk staff polite and well groomed. The exterior of the building, greying concrete, in an industrial estate, belies the interior. Courses on in the building and seems to be well used. This is a Budget Hotel but some other supposed more upmarket hotels could learn a lot from this hotel. if I were back, myself, my wife and daughter would make a beeline for this. Excellent. Pleaee do not be put off by the exterior!!

Room Tip: Doesn't seem to be any issue with rooms, we were to the front and buses left early, but no noise...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Seamus M
Noreen G, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with your choice of hotel

My team and I do everything we can to drive really good customer service, so every guests leaves with the thought of coming back. I am very lucky to work with great people

I am delighted to read you thought my rooms were of a very high standard. I am proud to have read you thought my rooms were of a better standard then some more expensive hotels you have experienced. It highlights the fact were a great value for money

Wellingborough
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed 27/07/14 for one night. The hotel doesn't look much from the outside but the interior was very pleasant and I had a huge room considering I was on my own. A decent size TV unlike many hotels, the room was spotlessly clean and the shower worked properly. A very comfortable bed, I had a really good night's sleep. The green cupboards and shelves are a bit of a shock at first but I got used to them. The food couldn't be faulted considering the fact that I was with a coach party on a weekend away. They served curry on the Saturday so good that I finally got to eat a curry in Bradford. All the staff were polite and helpful.

I agree with previous reviewers that the hotel is a bit isolated, there did not appear to be any pubs or shops nearby or a bus route. It wouldn't be my first choice as a base for a night out but otherwise couldn't fault the place and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with the choice of hotel for the coach trip

Shipley, West Yorks
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We got a special discount offer to stop for one night with B&B and £15 towards the evening meal. The Hotel is lovely and clean and the rooms are basic but adequate (the bath is nice and deep).

They don't have many drinks on draft (bottled cider only) and the prices are a like most hotels, so we decided to go to Wibsey for a few drinks (great pubs in Wibsey - all walking distance from each other). DON'T use the hotel taxi telephone. They quoted us £9 to go to Wibsey, so I googled local taxi's and we only paid £4.80 and he quoted £6 to Bradford City centre.

The evening meal/Breakfast was okay. There was a lot of variety for breakfast.

I've booked again for next month.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to read that you were not disappointed with your choice of hotel

I am sorry you thought the price of drinks at our bar was expensive. We are part of a chain and have our prices set through head office and the brewery. I will pass on your comments for their perusal for when they are looking at price setting

I have taken on board your comments around the prices of taxi’s from our nominated firm and I will be happy to discuss this with them personally

I am pleased to see you thought we were great value for money. We address our rates daily to make sure we offer the best rates available to our guests

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as a stop over during our journey to Scotland. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and made us all feel extremely welcome especially our messy, noisy eight month old baby!
The room we had was spacious and scrupulously clean and the dinner was excellent value & delicious!
Thank you!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Noreen G, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future.

Best regards

Northumberland
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had a problem booking in at reception as they would not take the card details sent by "Late-rooms. com", so had to phone the company and get receptionist to talk to the card holder - Never had this problem before and travel all over the UK. Once sorted, room very spacious, free Wi-Fi, separate toilet and shower.......not sure about the green wardrobe and shelves lol.
Easy access to main roads and although on an industrial estate it is safe and fine. If you want a change of scenery as it is rather isolated you will need to drive or get a taxi.
As a business traveller it certainly met my expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Simon R, Front Office Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear enjoyed your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on being value for money and do everything we can to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience with us

I am delighted to hear that we met your expectations.

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future.

Kind Regards