“Clean, Comfortable, Friendly, Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Campanile Bradford

Campanile Bradford
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Clean, Comfortable, Friendly, Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed overnight while passing through Bradford. The hotel is a short taxi ride from both the main stations in Bradford and has a great fresh feel as you enter the hotel. Rooms were very clean and comfortable, the food portions were great and the service was so friendly and welcoming, especially from Becki on reception and the young blond lad in the restaurant. For the price I paid, I got far more than I expected. Will certainly stay again if in Bradford.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Thom M
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you. I am delighted to be able to share your lovely comments to the 2 team members you mentioned in particular

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in the not so distant future

Noreen Gregory

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

The rooms were clean, warm and comfortable. One of the best beds we have slept on

Only gripe was that my bedside light and desk light would not work nor could it be fixed that evening.

Food was very good and we realy enjoyed our breakfast. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mwbcats
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest

We pride ourselves on being value for money and do everything we can to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience with us

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team looked after you. Thank you for bringing to my attention the issue around the bedside lights. I will have this fixed by my maintenance team.

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our trip to the Campanile, Bradford was an unexpected delight - booked as part of a reasonably priced short break I did not expect too much from our over-night stay, however I was actually very impressed from arrival to departure. The rooms were modern, fairly spacious, and clean with very comfortable beds. In the restaurant the staff were attentive without being in the way and the food for both evening meal and breakfast was excellent. The bar and reception staff were efficient yet relaxed and friendly. In conclusion I thoroughly recomend this hotel - what great value for money - well done everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Catherine J
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest

We do hope we will come and stay again with us in the future.

York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

A warm welcome on reception followed by very clean bedroom as usual. Large spacious room. Nice food on buffet as starter or main course. Will stay again. Pricing better than Premier inn and staff more friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ant1York
Dear Guest

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team looked after you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

We do hope we will come and stay again with us in the future.

Hertford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Looking at the reviews it seems that most people are very pleased with the standard of the hotel and the restaurant, we didn't see the restaurant as we had all our meals - buffet style - separately, so I can't comment. This is our experience as coach trippers.
The bed was comfortable, the room clean and a good size, and it was warm, that said it was curiously spartan. There was an extraordinary amount of artex, no decoration of any sort,no drawers, no cupboards, no doors on the lime green wardrobes, so everything was on display, it was not a cozy environment. However, that can be acceptable for a short stay, but the loose trim under the television should have been attended to. Our bathroom had no towel rail which meant that there was nowhere to put the towel while in the shower, except on the floor. I reported this but I didn't expect anything to be done as the holes in the wall had been roughly filled and painted over - there was no intention of repairing it! The worst thing however was the total lack of any hand-holds when getting in and out of the bath. The shower was over the bath which had high sides, with a notice on the wall saying that the surface was slippery and a rubber mat was available from Reception. This is a hotel that caters for a lot of coach parties, and given that the average coach tripper is not in the first flush of youth, I think some handles are essential, and we didn't even have the towel rail to hold on to.
As for the food, breakfast was acceptable except for the scrambled egg, but dinner was not good. There were three choices of mains with vegetables - all buffet style. The second day one of the choices was minced beef pie, we couldn't believe it when one of the choices the next day was the same minced beef pie. But this time there were no vegetables at all, only chips! This was hardly a balanced meal and not what anyone could call a Sunday dinner. They also ran out of butter on the second day. We have Flora at home but when we go on holiday we expect butter, and food is an important part of the whole holiday experience, even if it is only a short break. We attempted to make dinner into an occasion by buying a bottle of wine on the first night, but at £18.95 for house red we did not do it again.
The actual holiday with Newmarket was fine, but we felt let down by the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dervalsut
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I was saddened to hear your stay was not to your liking

I am pleased you thought our rooms were comfortable. I have taken into consideration your feedback about the rooms. We do have some rooms which have more accessible amenities, therefore if you are with us again, please contact us before your arrival where we would be more then happy to accommodate.

I have taken on board your feedback around the food and beverage offering and will use this, to improve our standards

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future

Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here again recently, our 5th stay I think! Really excellent value. My only criticism would be the rather poor service in the restaurant (although the meal was fine). The waiter should realise that the customer should take preference over watching the football! Fortunately the waitress was a lot more attentive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank disleksik
West Yorks England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant Value. Lunch good. Rooms perfect. Great cheap getaway. Beds are very comfy.
Decor lime green!!!! It makes a nice change. Artex is a bit dodgy. Michelle better than we expected. Would recommend to friends.

• Stayed October 2012