Campanile Bradford
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Our trip to the Campanile, Bradford was an unexpected delight - booked as part of a reasonably priced short break I did not expect too much from our over-night stay, however I was actually very impressed from arrival to departure. The rooms were modern, fairly spacious, and clean with very comfortable beds. In the restaurant the staff were attentive without being in the way and the food for both evening meal and breakfast was excellent. The bar and reception staff were efficient yet relaxed and friendly. In conclusion I thoroughly recomend this hotel - what great value for money - well done everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Catherine J
Campanile B, General Manager at Campanile Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear you had a great stay with us.

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team took good care of you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

We do hope we will come and stay again with us in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

A warm welcome on reception followed by very clean bedroom as usual. Large spacious room. Nice food on buffet as starter or main course. Will stay again. Pricing better than Premier inn and staff more friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ant1York

Dear Guest

We pride ourselves on being value for money and do everything we can to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience with us

I am pleased to hear you thought my rooms were of a high standard and that my team looked after you. I am proud to be able to pass on such lovely feedback to my team - thank you

We do hope we will come and stay again with us in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Looking at the reviews it seems that most people are very pleased with the standard of the hotel and the restaurant, we didn't see the restaurant as we had all our meals - buffet style - separately, so I can't comment. This is our experience as coach trippers.
The bed was comfortable, the room clean and a good size, and it was warm, that said it was curiously spartan. There was an extraordinary amount of artex, no decoration of any sort,no drawers, no cupboards, no doors on the lime green wardrobes, so everything was on display, it was not a cozy environment. However, that can be acceptable for a short stay, but the loose trim under the television should have been attended to. Our bathroom had no towel rail which meant that there was nowhere to put the towel while in the shower, except on the floor. I reported this but I didn't expect anything to be done as the holes in the wall had been roughly filled and painted over - there was no intention of repairing it! The worst thing however was the total lack of any hand-holds when getting in and out of the bath. The shower was over the bath which had high sides, with a notice on the wall saying that the surface was slippery and a rubber mat was available from Reception. This is a hotel that caters for a lot of coach parties, and given that the average coach tripper is not in the first flush of youth, I think some handles are essential, and we didn't even have the towel rail to hold on to.
As for the food, breakfast was acceptable except for the scrambled egg, but dinner was not good. There were three choices of mains with vegetables - all buffet style. The second day one of the choices was minced beef pie, we couldn't believe it when one of the choices the next day was the same minced beef pie. But this time there were no vegetables at all, only chips! This was hardly a balanced meal and not what anyone could call a Sunday dinner. They also ran out of butter on the second day. We have Flora at home but when we go on holiday we expect butter, and food is an important part of the whole holiday experience, even if it is only a short break. We attempted to make dinner into an occasion by buying a bottle of wine on the first night, but at £18.95 for house red we did not do it again.
The actual holiday with Newmarket was fine, but we felt let down by the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dervalsut

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I was saddened to hear your stay was not to your liking

I am pleased you thought our rooms were comfortable. I have taken into consideration your feedback about the rooms. We do have some rooms which have more accessible amenities, therefore if you are with us again, please contact us before your arrival where we would be more then happy to accommodate.

I have taken on board your feedback around the food and beverage offering and will use this, to improve our standards

We do hope you will come and stay again with us in the future

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here again recently, our 5th stay I think! Really excellent value. My only criticism would be the rather poor service in the restaurant (although the meal was fine). The waiter should realise that the customer should take preference over watching the football! Fortunately the waitress was a lot more attentive.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank disleksik
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant Value. Lunch good. Rooms perfect. Great cheap getaway. Beds are very comfy.
Decor lime green!!!! It makes a nice change. Artex is a bit dodgy. Michelle better than we expected. Would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were booked in to this budget hotel as part of a coach trip deal. It is set on an industrial site but views of the countryside can be seen from some bedrooms. Having read the Tripadvisor comments I thought it would be fine. The rooms were clean and a fairly reasonable size, but not a designer's dream. The walls and ceiling are plastered with artex and the decor is average at best. Our toilet roll holder was missing at it took them two days to sort this out. The breakfast was almost adequate, although scrambled eggs were the only type on offer. When I asked for a fried egg I was told that there was only one chef on duty so I couldn't have one. They ran out of butter and brown baguettes by the third day. The philosophy of the staff was generally one of 'no can do'. The evening meals were basic, with the same starter every night, ie. salami, pasta salad and a very basic salad, or soup. Three choices of mains were available but by the third night there were no vegetables on offer at all. The desert were chocolate cake or a basic lemon merangue, neither of which were particularly palatable. I understand that coach party food is below the standards that other guests get, which is pretty grim. Overall, this was one holiday I was glad to get home from.

Room Tip: Don't bother