“lovely place”

The Great Victoria Hotel
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed February 21, 2014

we stopped on the 1st floor and was pleasantly surprised how spacious the room was with a king size bed, we where lucky though as other people from our party didnt have hot water or heating which i know the hotel staff provided them with heaters. the only problem i would say is if there is a function on (which we didnt know about when booking through skills coaches) the noise is loud till the early hours and if you get a guest that is falling out with security staff and breaking furniture this also spoils your sleep. Overall i enjoyed my stay and would still go back-maybe to a room higher than the 1st floor!

Room Tip: you pay more money to stop on a higher floor but might be worth it for a special occasion
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
VictoriaManager, General Manager at The Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Julie

I thank you for your comments and apologise with regards to the incident that happened while you were here.

We always endeavour to end all our functions by 1am and do book these first floor rooms out last if a function is present, the hotel was infact full that night so my condolences.

I hope to see you again soon

Kind Reagrds

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here for one night on business after a recommendation from someone else. A great hotel with lots of character. Nice big rooms and comfortable beds and a great breakfast. Was very surprised at the quality for the price. My only complaint was that I had a front facing room on the first floor opposite the station and bus stop so it did get a little bit noisy at pub closing time and early in the morning

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr Gardener

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay at The Great Victoria Hotel.

Something that may be of help for your future reference when booking a room, for the more leisurely guests that enjoy a quiet nights sleep we can always accommodate to the law court side of the hotel at the rear upon request.

I look forward to seeing you again soon and will take your comments back to my team.

Kind Regards
Daniel Kirkham

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Good central location. Free parking.
Old Victorian hotel with a lot of its old charm.
Second visit. First time very disappointed with service, cleanliness and room. However on this occasion stayed on fourth floor. Contemporary rooms. Had room 406. Large room with wooden 4 poster bed large! Nice bathroom with rain shower and sit alone bath tub. Thousand times better than last visit. Room clean. However still had some issues such as large crack in washbasin and toilet. Also when you had shower soaked the whole bathroom floor!

Breakfast was good and freshly made to order.

Definitely worth the extra for better rooms.

Room Tip: Fourth floor room. However lift only goes to third floor so you need to be able to walk up approxima...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
VictoriaManager, General Manager at The Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Tracey B, Thank you for taking the time to review us and I’m really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with the 4th Floor as we do have some very desirable rooms up there.

We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Bradford.

Regards

Reviewed January 25, 2014

While working in Bradford I had lunch at the Great Victoria Hotel on the recommendation of a friend. I was not disappointed. I met up with a couple of friends and we opted for a light lunch of sandwiches and burgers - all the food was freshly prepared and very tasty. The service was good - friendly and efficient and for a midweek lunchtime it was reasonably busy
I would certainly go back.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Found the staff very friendly and the room was clean and tidy, it appears that they might have sorted out their central heating problem which left the rooms very stuffy. The breakfast was very good value and was hot. Would stay here again next time in Bradford in 3/4 months time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
VictoriaManager, General Manager at The Great Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Steve G, Thank you for your kind review and I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All the best

Reviewed January 4, 2014

As always we had a fantastic visit to your hotel. We love the rooms, the welcoming environment and the friendly and helpful reception, waiting, bar and housekeeping staff. We always stay when we visit Bradford and I look forward it every time!

Thank you Great Victoria and all the best for 2014! Hope to see you very soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cat H, Thank you so much for your kind words about this beautiful hotel and about my dedicated team. It’s greatly appreciated and very rewarding to hear such wonderful comments.

I too hope to welcome you back soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed December 31, 2013

i stayed for the weekend after chrismas and really enjoyed my 3 night stay, the forth floor room was gorgeous, clean and tidy, the staff were very friendly,i would recomend this hotel to friends the only minor issue i had was that one of the taps in my shower was broken and even though i reported this to housekeeping it wasnt fixed by the time i checked out

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank emmawhitty

Dear emmwhitty, Thank you for your kind review and I must agree with you, our 4th Floor rooms are particularly nice. I am sorry however that we were unable to fix the shower part before you checked out to which I can only apologise for and I trust that this did not affect your stay greatly.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards