“A lovely warm restaurant / pub with good food”
Review of Ring O'Bells

Ring O'Bells
Ranked #15 of 729 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A traditional Yorkshire pub/restaurant with a terrific view of the Yorkshire Dalesin the distance, offering good wholesome food. All produce is freshly delivered on a daily basis using only quality products locally sourced. The new owners Joanne and Paul are pleased with the new refurbishment completed in November 2016 having already had a full kitchen refit in April 2016.Please call in to just have a drink or dine with us. Tuesday and Wednesday noon-8pm Thursday-Saturday noon-9pm Sundays noon-6.30pm. Saturday's and Sundays are already extremely busy if you are dining it is advisable to book, if not please join us for a drink
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The wife and I have been twice now, both on Groupon Deals to the restaurant. I must admit it's the only Groupon deal we've done where the staff didn't treat us like leppars. They were warm, freindly and the service was spot on.

They do some other great theme nights and now offer a taxi service home for when you've had a few too many. They have a moderate selection of local ales and the usual drinks and a lovely, changing menu. The steak we had, although only serloin, was devine. They do a little homemade loaf with each started and that really made my day; lovely fresh and tasty warm bread!

My starter of prawns were a touch overdone but the manager apologised for this and didn't try to fob me off.

We'll definately be going back, probably for one of the special themed nights.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Stephen G, General Manager at Ring O'Bells, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for your review Vadim B.

It's great to hear you've enjoyed your visits with us. We hope to welcome you to our themed evenings. Our next one in October is Champagne Evening our Italian in November.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Yesterday myself and my partner went for Sunday lunch at the Ring o'bells and yet again it didn't fail me at all. Scrummy food and a warm cosy welcome. X

Thank You Leanne W for your review. It's always good to hear our Sunday Lunch being well received, especially as it is still only £13.95 for 3 courses!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and went here for a birthday meal on saturday night.
For starters I had scallops in Parma ham - edible, but definately over cooked.
For main, the slow cooked lamb was very nice.

However, the service was pretty poor... Drinks seemed to take an absolute age to come from the bar to restaurant. When they did, the pint of beer had to be returned to be topped up (2fingers below rim). Then we had more drinks that were delivered to the table that weren't ordered.

Following dessert, we had to wait ages for them to clear down - then bringing the bill was quite comical with many attempts before they managed to get the right price that matched our meal/drinks order.

Won't be in a hurry to return.

1  Thank Dr_Grant2013
Stephen G, General Manager at Ring O'Bells, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry you were unhappy with the service. However, it was explained to you on the evening we have just had a new till system installed and there were a couple of teething issues on the night. This was a very busy evening and wasn't helped by the till issues we were having. I apologise for this and am sure when you next visit these issues will have been resolved.

As ever, if you are unhappy with any of the food you receive please always tell a member of staff and they can rectify this. We can't do anything about it if we aren't informed.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went to the Ring O Bells for our 10th wedding Anniversary on sat 7th September we sat in the restaurant area which nicer than the bar area if u want a little more of a romantic atmosphere friendly in the bar for a family get together we had a lovely meal the staff are friendly with a sense of humour and the food superb Thank you Jenny & Craig

1  Thank Jenny S
Stephen G, General Manager at Ring O'Bells, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your review Jenny.

We are honoured you would choose us for your Wedding Anniversary. I'm glad everything was what you hoped for and we hope to see you both back very soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Warmly welcomed.
Very good selection of beers.
I thought it was a good idea to have the facility to give diners in the local area a free taxi home at weekends.
The menu is very extensive. I have eaten here two consecutive nights and both nights I ate royally. Something a little different but very tasty. I look forward to my next visit.

Stephen G, General Manager at Ring O'Bells, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. We have worked hard to get a very good varied menu while still using fresh local ingredients.

We look forward to having you with us again soon.