“very basic and doesn't feel safe!!”

Ibis Budget Bradford
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“very basic and doesn't feel safe!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

So we arrived at the hotel to see a police riot van! never a good first impression. I would describe this place as a hostel and not a hotel!! It is clearly used as a half way house for the homeless which isn't a problem, but there was a lot of drinking and drug taking going on.
Our room was extremely basic and rough around the edges but I guess you get what you pay for. However the bed linen, toilet and shower were clean. I did not sleep well at all as I just didn't feel all that safe (bloody tissues all along the corridor where there had obviously been a fight)
I would not stay here again and advise you not too, its definitely worth paying extra and staying in a nice hotel!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Ibis Budget in Bradford. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We have investigated al these matters,

feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss anything further

Kindest Regards
Deborah Fletcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Berwick
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Highly competitive price; pleasant welcome at reception; clean, basic, room but fine for a night, especially at the price. Room at back less noisy than front. Easy walking distance from Bradford Forster Square Station; retail park across road for Tesco, Greggs (cheap breakfast filler en route to station)

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at back; front looks onto busy road
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget in Bradford.

Kindest regards,
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was greeted and checked in, by Stacey. Very professional Reception Lady. I met TWO more Ladies at this Hotel, operating The Reception 24 Hrs. per day.
They were ALL excellent, and a credit to the IBIS Organisation. I enjoyed my first stay . I shall be returning to experience a well organised and happy team at IBIS -Bradford.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well presented for a Budget Hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Stan J
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget in Bradford.

Kindest regards,
and all the Ibis Budget team
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Ok if you're not expecting very much from your room. We stayed in a standard (for 3 persons) with only 1 plug socket, claustrophobic toilet cupboard, no kettle and a tv with very limited channels. Shower is very good however and the staff are very friendly. There is a seating area with basic food facilities. Although you will probably be best off going to the garage next door or Tesco over the road as it will be a lot cheaper. You can get a better deal for £15 in Blackpool which is also self catering (were there last week). This place isn't for everybody, however it might be for you.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jordan W
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Budget in Bradford. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Kind regards,