“A Mouse”

Ibis Budget Bradford
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This was my second time staying in the hotel, so I knew what to expect. For a price of £25 I do think it's value for money, yes it is VERY basic in terms of space (not much distance between the bed and wall, also toilet is very cramped which can leave a bad smell). Also resources are very limited, the room has only ONE plug socket, only 7channels on tv (this I don't see as a bad thing as most other hotels charge you for the use of TV), also only 4 hangers which means if you're staying for 3nights or more you'd probably won't be able to hang all your clothes!

I think the shower was VERY good, nice temperature and very spacious (easily fits two people ;-) )

The only real complaint I have is that on the 2nd night, I was going out to collect some food there seemed to a rodent problem (yes a mouse/rat had somehow got into the building). I find this somewhat unacceptable and disgusting. Yes I was on the ground floor and yes Bradford does have a lot of Rats in city but I don't expect to find it in my hotel whatsoever.

I would stay at the hotel again just for the fact that its cheap, convenient (has a 24hour Tesco opposite) and it attends to my needs but I definitely will not be staying on the ground floor.

Future guests at the hotel need to be realistic in terns of their expectations, you are only paying £28 per night, what do youreally expect??

1  Thank Humblekid
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at the Etap Hotel in Bradford. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We have looked into this matter, and I can assure you 100% that the hotel has no rodents of any description even thogh we are surrounded by woodlands, but feel free to contact me on 0127472415 or email me on h6364-gm@accor.com if you feel that you would like to discuss this further.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights although the hotel is clean in all areas and the staff where friendly there are a lot of thing missing . We stayed in a triple room and where glad there was just 2 of us as it was small and cramped with 2 never mind 3. The bed is made of a board and a 2 inch bit of foam for a matress with one thin pillow for each person and no extra pillows available in the room if required. The toilet was like a small cupboard and was just enough room as was the shower which was seperate from the toilet but small too There is a modern tv in the room but although modern lacks channels ours only had 7 channels available to us bbc 1/2 itv channel 4and 5 one music channel and a french channel. There is also a lack of place to store your clothes 1 small rack on the wall with 4 coathangers no cupboard or drawers so we ended up having to keep clothes for 3 days in the case.There is no tea and coffee making facilities in the room . Although the rate of around £31 a night might seem" budget" at the time the lack of these facilities for the people with an average daily consumption of tea and coffee in 1 day can become expensive as you can buy cups of tea and coffee at £1.40 a time from reception, also if you need internet access wifi is not free you are charged £3 for 2 hours When you consider the other budget hotels who have can have nightly rates of between £19 and £29 a time and all these facilities are free then they are providing a much better deal .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Thank you for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them and pass them on.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2011

We suffered a disturbed night because there was an influx of visiting families. They were continually visiting one another, knocking on doors [which creaked when opened] and talking.
A member of staffed entered our room at 5 o'clock in the morning in search of a noisy television not ours we were asleep!
An outside door was broken, leaving the building insecure where we were, the member of staff did not seem that bothered so we secured it as best we could, not ideal!
The accommodation was adequate and clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at Etap Hotel in Bradford. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We have looked into the matter regarding the door and I can sssure you it was not broke but had been left ajar please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Kindest Regards

An Accor traveler
Redditch
Reviewed September 14, 2011

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

An Accor traveler
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2011

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I found the hotel and staff very good and helpful, the only exceptional was the misery who was on duty when i arrived in the early hours of the morning, A french woman who had difficulty understanding my english, other then that everything was excellant and all other staff during day and night were brilliant
Would deffinetely stay there again and recommend it

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

So glad you had an enjoyable time at the Etap Hotel in Bradford We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Good room for the value. Centrally located in Yorkshire with ALL Yorkshire attractions less than 1.5 hours away. 1 hour to York, 20 min to Skipton, etc. Only issue was lots of smoking just outside the open loby door and thus the loby was filled with smoke every morning. Kind of tricky geeting into the hotel parking lot each day. Look at an aerial photo so that you know where the hotel is located.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,