“brilliant budget hotel”

Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Derbyshire
“brilliant budget hotel”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

this is a brilliant budget hotel, the staff at this hotel are very friendly and cant do enough for you, any problems are quickly resolved, on one occasion i asked to be moved to a different room and was moved straight away, the staff are friendly helpfull and its like a second home when you work away for long periods which is very nice as this placxe feels like a home away from home, the breakfast is good value for money coffee machine has good quality coffee in it so you dont mind drinking it some hotels coffee is bitter, the only thing i would cahnge is the beds they tend to be a bit hard but otherwise i cant fault the rooms at all

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at The Etap Hotel in Bradford.

Kindest regards,

Deborah Fletcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
Coulsdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We were looking for somewhere inexpensive to stay for one night in Bradford. As we were travelling up from the south late in the evening and leaving early the following morning and there were 3 of us this seemed an ideal option. We were all in same room which many other hotels couldnt accomadate.

On arrival we were greeted by a reception area full of drunken men who were very loud. For 3 females travelling together this was very imtimidating. On all accounts this is what happens every night and nothing appears to be done to have them removed. They have access to alcohol which is sold on the premises! If I had, had to bring my children along I would have made a quick exit. When I asked the receptionist if they were always there he said "yes, I should try to get them to leave".

We were allowed to look at the room before we paid, luckily we had brought wipes with us as the room was not 100% clean. The bedding was clean and we had been given a disabled room so was quite spacious. The bathroom smelt of urine so we all wore flip flops in the shower.

As our stay in Bradford was at short notice and a surprise for a close friend we never mentioned beforehand where we were staying. When we told them they were all mortified. It is not in a particularly nice part of town.

In future we will be paying a higher price to stay somewhere better.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Carmel H
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at The Etap Hotel in Bradford. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Feel free to call me on 01274724415 or email me on h6364-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Deborah Fletcher

Travelers are raving about these Bradford hotels

Liverpool, UK
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I stayed last night at the Etap Bradford. Have to say the receptionist working last night was extremely welcoming and very helpful. Its location is pretty ideal but thats about as far as I would go in terms of positives.

A previous post mentions the groups of blokes congregating in the foyer/communal area. This hasn't been addressed and last night resembled a drunken social club. I found the beds to be extremely uncomfortable. There was continual noise right through the night which seemed to come from all over the hotel. The breakfast is well overpriced, very limited in choice and the fact that all the bread was stale and only one tiny toaster for the whole hotel made the superstore across the road look the clever choice.

However, negatives aside, if you're after somewhere cheap, ideally located and your expectations are pretty low then this would fit your bill.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Etap Hotel in Bradford very soon.

British in MEast
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Price unbelievable! And I wanted for nothing. Staff all most friendly and helpful, bed spacious and comfortable, everything pristine/working. A massive improvement, my kids and I loved our stay

• Stayed February 2011

Southampton
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Great value, budget venue that IMHO delivers what it offers. On arrival staff were found to be very helpful & quickly attended to a couple of minor things. However the fact that when returning to the venue at around 8.30 pm each evening, one has to run the gauntlet of having to pass through high numbers of semi drunken male guests who have been allowed, every evening, to congregate en mass in the foyer/breakfast bar area armed with large quantities of alcohol, made us feel uncomfortable. Would recommend 'with caution'

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Etap Hotel in Bradford. I can assure you that your concerns have been looked into.

Kind regards
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2011

its a budget hotel, the rooms arent particularly hot, but its functunal, very clean, and for 25 per night is value.
cant say any more, i was quite ok with it.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
DeborahFletcher, General Manager at Ibis Budget Bradford, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,

middlesbrough
Reviewed February 13, 2011

very friendly and helpfull staff they have a comunial room as u enter were u can use the fasilitys have a drink and watch t.v i have been there a thew months and met sum realy nice people in this room but sum people seem 2 b put off by people sitting there but its good fun and freindly so a big thumbs up 2 all the staff and all the good friends ive met there..woohoo

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Etap Hotel in Bradford again very soon.

kind regards,