“Delicious flavours, friendly informal atmosphere.”

Sweet Centre Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 757 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Turkish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Description: Sweet Centre Restaurant has been providing authentic asian cuisine for over 48 years in the heart of yorkshire and continues to be instrumental in providing good quality family orientated kashmiri cuisine. The restaurant offers an experience with charming staff, good service and exceptional quality of food to ensure guests come back for more. Sweet Centre restaurant provides an authentic surrounding combined with authentic tradional taste, making it perfect for any occasion. Since opening our doors in 1964, Sweet Centre Restaurant has become a distinguished household name, with a strong following. We hope to continue in providing you with Excellent Food & Service and hope to build on our reputation.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a delightful meal here in one of the most relaxed and friendly surroundings I have been in. For one of the top ten in Britain it must be one of the most unassuming! Waqar the manager gave us an intriguing though brief history of his family's restaurant and brought us some of the house speciality to try, Kashmiri fish, a wonderful accompaniment to our superb meals. The spices are intense with flavour, and I love the 'at home' dining style. Thank you for a fantastic evening that made our weekend visit an amazing experience. We will be back at some point!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Visiting Bradford for the first time with the opportunity of sampling a Bradford curry, according to folklore the finest in the land. Was I disappointed, not on your life my wife and I were treated to a truly stunning meal. The waiter turned out to be the manager, grandson of the man who started the business way back in 1964 I believe.
We were welcomed with genuine warmth and even treated to a taste of a remarkable fish dish. My reaction to the meal was akin to Anton Ego the food critic in ratatouille transported back to a meal long forgotten truly authentic and quite unlike any British Indian cuisine you ever tasted. Each spice harb flavour unique and discernible but melding into a truly mouth watering experience.
I thought I could knock out a BIR curry, I am humbled, sir I thank you for a truly wonderful meal, to my readers all I can say is treat yourself to an authentic experience from truly talented chefs

1  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I don't eat in Indian restaurants in Hampshire any more. When friends visited from Canada in July I promised them the best and took them to Bradford and the Sweet Centre. The restaurant didn't have its usual quota of local Asian diners as we were in Ramadan, so it was quieter than usual.

The enormous large starter, was easily sufficient for six, and with its variety, including fish as well as more usual components had something for everyone. A variety of main courses satisfied everyone, although the size of portions that were free of the slop that so often pads out Indian food proved too much for a couple, providing me with two later meals at home.

The restaurant is not licensed, For Indian food that is no loss.The Lassi was as refreshing as ever.

All were satisfied, and the reputation of the Sweet Centre has again been enhanced, and it is likely to be reported in Montreal when my friends return home.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Amazing balti chicken and fish masala, freindly service and its never dissapoints. I have been coming with my family for the past 20 years. The portion of pakoras was reasonable and the shami kebabs were immense.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Curry at its best! If you want authentic this is the place to go still in the top ten curry houses in the uk!! If they keep doing what they have since 1964 I can't see it ever dropping out of the top ten