“A disgrace”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“A disgrace”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Myself and my husband visited here on a Saturday night. The place wants closing down and cleaning. We were sat with a huge stack of surplus chairs piled up next to us, the wallpaper had food stains all over it, my napkin was full of holes. Had I have visited the toilets and the upstairs of this building would never have ordered food. Upstairs is a stinking disgrace, I can't believe that the kitchens could be clean if they pay so little attention to the public areas, walkiing past the gents toilet was a strong smell of urine. The carpets upstairs and down are a disgrace, filthy dirty. Health and safety need to visit this place, we complained and they did not want to know. It is not worthy of a rating.

Visited February 2013

lago taurito, gran canaria
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Visited Nawaab at Tong. Waited an hour for our main course. We had a £20 voucher which was a gift so only reason we waited. Was ready to walk out after 45 mins. Was told due to the "Health and Safety" Inspector being in! Food eventually arrived. Very average. ?No offer of free drink/starter as a goodwill gesture for our wait. In no rush to return.

Visited February 2013
“Very attractive premises with a relaxed feel”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

When this restuarant first opened it provided really good food that was tasty and full of flavour. Sadly, the grand decor and relaxed and very pleasant surroundings seem to have taken away the emphasis regarding the taste of the food. The qualty and presentation was good but the taste was like a poor takeaway type food that had been calmed down for perhaps a mild palate.
I like traditional Indian or Asain food and having worked in India and Pakistan and also delighted at many a friend's home you might argue I am hard to please.
However, I am paying for the food and therefore I am saying it did not live up to past visits. Sorry!

Visited May 2012
Bradford, United Kingdom
“delicious every time”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lamb chops are too die for!!! Good service definatkey recommend. We even go christmas day all the family as it is that good.

Visited January 2013
UK
“I think I picked the worst curry house in Bradford!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is my first visit to Bradford and as I was staying at a nearby hotel, I chose to dine here.

I was going to sit down and eat, but decided against it as I did not find the decor very appealing at all. So, I picked a tikka masala, rice and keema naan from the menu. It was served pretty quickly and was reasonably priced, but went downhill from there. The tikka masala had no sauce to speak of which is very strange for a sauce based dish. The rice was a strange brown colour and the naan pretty amateur and spongy, much like you would expect from a supermarket. Although the chicken portion was generous, it was a bit rubbery and slightly chewy which was not what I was expecting, all the more that there was no sauce. The rice was slightly dry, although edible enough, but the naan I decided to leave after a couple of bites as the lamb in it was tasteless and the bread spongy. One thing worthy of note was the poppadoms were pretty good, so at least the appetiser was, well, appetising.

Unfortunately, the whole experience was pretty poor as I have about a dozen curry houses to choose from in my home town and all but one are better than Nawaab.

Overall, a jaded experience of my first visit to an Indian restaurant in what I believed to be a curry nirvana of a city. I will be a frequent visitor to the city, so will continue in my quest to find the ultimate curry house upon my return.

• Visited January 2013