“Authentic !”
Review of El Castizo

El Castizo
Ranked #3 of 242 Restaurants in Chichester
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Authentic !”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here many times, we have been with friends and family members and all have loved the service, food and atmosphere! They have a specials menu too that they constantly change... You won't find one as good as this

Visited November 2013

Chichester, England, United Kingdom
“Spanish Tapas at its best”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Liked: value, best ingredients, authentic tastes, owners attention and truely beatutiful cooking, ambience, buzz, wine and service.
Dislikes: can't eat there every day....

Visited August 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Little gem that I will be returning to”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I cannot believe this place has been here for 6 years and I have never been. Tapas selection was plentiful and all dishes ordered tasted authentic. They even have a selection of imported beers that you will not find on the shelf, which is a nice touch. Definately recommend and I will be returning with my partner to sample the delights!

• Visited November 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“Not really my taste”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Much of the food on the menu was spicy which I'm not a fan of. The service was excellent. We had a chicken dish which was excellent!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank dlvan850
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Put on a great Saturday evening to impress our friends”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This restaurant is rightly rated number one in Chichester by TripAdvisor reviewers and going back with some friends who hadn't been there before filled us with anticipation. Each time we've eaten here there is a great sense of welcome and genuine enthusiasm for showing off the cuisine of Spain. We were not let down and were made to feel quite special - we were recognised by the waiter and the patron even though it has been three months since our last visit. And the waiter was delighted that I recommended my friend try the amazing Alhambra Reserva beer that he introduced me to once before - it is undoubtedly a wonderful product from his native Granada.
The atmosphere was as warm and delightful as ever, although the lovely live guitar playing didn't need quite the level of amplification used! The food was a great, as ever, and we tried some dishes not previously sampled - it's great to have so many possible choices and more to look forward to on a future visit.
After a lovely friendly chat with the patron the best surprise (again) is how modest the bill was. This has to be not just the best restaurant in Chichester but the best value too.

• Visited November 2013