“Little gem that I will be returning to”
Review of El Castizo

El Castizo
Ranked #3 of 240 Restaurants in Chichester
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Little gem that I will be returning to”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I cannot believe this place has been here for 6 years and I have never been. Tapas selection was plentiful and all dishes ordered tasted authentic. They even have a selection of imported beers that you will not find on the shelf, which is a nice touch. Definately recommend and I will be returning with my partner to sample the delights!

Fredericton, Canada
“Not really my taste”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Much of the food on the menu was spicy which I'm not a fan of. The service was excellent. We had a chicken dish which was excellent!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank dlvan850
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Put on a great Saturday evening to impress our friends”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This restaurant is rightly rated number one in Chichester by TripAdvisor reviewers and going back with some friends who hadn't been there before filled us with anticipation. Each time we've eaten here there is a great sense of welcome and genuine enthusiasm for showing off the cuisine of Spain. We were not let down and were made to feel quite special - we were recognised by the waiter and the patron even though it has been three months since our last visit. And the waiter was delighted that I recommended my friend try the amazing Alhambra Reserva beer that he introduced me to once before - it is undoubtedly a wonderful product from his native Granada.
The atmosphere was as warm and delightful as ever, although the lovely live guitar playing didn't need quite the level of amplification used! The food was a great, as ever, and we tried some dishes not previously sampled - it's great to have so many possible choices and more to look forward to on a future visit.
After a lovely friendly chat with the patron the best surprise (again) is how modest the bill was. This has to be not just the best restaurant in Chichester but the best value too.

Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Saturday Night Tapas”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had a great night here last Saturday. Rather than pick our own dishes we let waiter and chef select them for us. We were not disappointed. Will definitely eat here again.

West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Very friendly”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Owned by a husband and wife, she is Spanish so lots of home cooking, and the restaurant has a very Spanish look and feel to it.