“excellent restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Castizo

El Castizo
Ranked #2 of 233 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
“excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I visited El Castizo for the first time with my family for lunch and we all found that the food, atmosphere and service was excellent. We will certainly visit again sometime.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peter J

Purbrook
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fab Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We can't stop returning to this lovely restaurant in Chi, food , staff and atmosphere great. We're not local so it's worth our 25 minutes traveling to get here!

• Visited December 2012
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Occupying a cellar reasonably close to the Chichester shopping centre this restaurant provides something quite different from the norm. We have visited on numerous occasions over the past few years either as a couple or with friends and family, and have never been disappointed with either the quality of food, the service, the value, or the atmosphere. It can get quite noisy when it is busy, but that just adds to the authenticity of the place. If I was being very critical and looking for something negative, depending on where you sit you can be in a draught - but that minor irritation shouldn't prevent you from enjoying an authentic and good value meal in fairly unique surroundings.

• Visited December 2012
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Brilliant. Love it here. Atmosphere is always top notch. Food is brilliant. Although a little on the pricey side but its always great food.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank shills_13
“Made me ill :-(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I came here once before and had a lovely time; the food was very nice, good atmosphere, very cute location and the live guitar music was amazing! All very reasonably priced.

I came a second time expecting more of the same; unfortunately it was not to be. The restaurant experience was similar minus the live music but included the most salty paella I think it is possible to make, keeping it under the lethal salt content for an adult male. I write this after spending the entire night experiencing violent gastrointestinal symptoms from both ends. However I am quite an understanding person these things can happen from time to time, I would not have written a bad word. Until I phoned the restaurant the next day, just to let them know what had happened I was not blaming them, asking for a refund or being uncivil at all. However the restaurant manager would not hear any of it and said that he was certain it was not from his restaurant, and that it was not possible to get ill that soon after eating the food. I reminded him again I was not pointing fingers and I just wanted to let him know, but he would not even entertain the idea that I got ill from there.

In case the manager ever reads this I will include some reading about some food borne pathogens and their incubation times prior to symptoms, just to keep you right in the future. Please also note some of them are well within the 8 hours it took before my first onset of symptoms:

[Removed by tripadvisor]*Non-commercial No promotional material of any kind. Self-promotional URLs are not allowed, and we reserve the right to reject any URL, e-mail address or phone number for any reason.

• Visited January 2013