“Coped with 15 of us very well”
Review of Masala Gate - CLOSED

Masala Gate
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Coped with 15 of us very well”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Good food and the staff very helpful. A most enjoyable visit. It was not the least aopparent that they had trouble with coping with 15 at once - we all ate in synchronously!

Visited January 2014

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Good Indian”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We dined in Masala Gate recently, it has an extensive menu with some rather unusual dishes.
It is not a large restaurant but it is busy with very friendly and helpful staff. The food is of a high quality and a reasonable price, it is all freshly prepared as you can see the kitchen. I have tried several of the house specials and they are all delicious, there are several restaurants nearby so standards have to be kept up. I will return and would recommend this restaurant to people who enjoy
Indian food and would like something unusual or traditional.

• Visited December 2013
Windsor, United Kingdom
“weekend treat for birthday that went bad”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

we go out for a curry most weeks so now a good one, this restaurant looked very busy so asked for a table for 2 no problems ordered our food I had a chicken garlic dish that was for like a stew that went wrong my partner ordered a chicken passanda she often has this dish she looked at me and said this is horrible, we never complain but it was her birthday so I called the waiter over he seemed not bothered but after a few seconds he offered her a free dessert so said fine latter on he offered us both a free baileys that we then had at the end of the evening asked for the bill and charged for the dessert I said to him you said that was to be on the house he then got very angry to us I just paid the bill and thought I will not be going back there if I was you avoid this restaurant at all cost

• Visited January 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A Terrible Way To See Off 2013”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a table booked for eight o'clock on new year's eve and when we arrived on time we were told to wait for another half an hour. On returning at half past eight we were again told to wait and it wasn't until gone nine o'clock that we finally sat down despite other groups who hadn't been waiting as long sitting down straight away. Maybe because we were relatively young in comparison to other diners they thought this was an acceptable to treat us.

The food eventually arrived at quarter past ten! Two and a quarter hours after the time of our reservation. Fortunately the food was ok. Nothing extraordinary and certainly not good enough to quash our feelings of utter disappointment at how our evening had turned out! However we had the drinks taken off the bill but this still wasn't ample compensation considering the experience we'd had.

When we left the restaurant there was a gentleman waiting for a takeaway which he said he'd ordered over three hours ago. The Masala Gate seems to like to over book itself at the sheer expense of the customer.

“90 minute wait but worth it!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

If you want a quick bite to eat keep walking; but if you don't mind waiting for great food then it's worth every second!
The most flavourful and colourful dishes I've ever had, and as a vegetarian it was even more appealing as my usual choice is medium or hot!
The wife had chicken tikka masala and said it was perfect.
Great staff, reasonably priced and all in all a great night