“You know what you're going to get. ”
Review of Cafe Rouge - Chichester - CLOSED

Cafe Rouge - Chichester
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
UK
“You know what you're going to get. ”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Eaten here many times and never been disappointed. The food is always tasty and well cooked. Service varies a bit but last Saturday the young lady that served us was very pleasant. The decor is getting a bit tired and grubby I think but with a 2 course lunch for 9.50 you can't go wrong. We'll be back.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Good service, good food”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I went there on the 29th of January with my wife to celebrate our anniversary. The manager and the waiter (Tom) were very friendly and very attentive. The food came promptly and hot.
We had a very good experience and definetly will come back.

1 Thank larrainehoney
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Do they actually want customers?”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went there yesterday for an early dinner (at 5.20). There was only one table occupied. We were asked if we had booked and when we said we hadn't we were told (after checking with the manager who was eating) that they had no free table til 9.30. I expressed disbelief that every table was going to be occupied in the next hour as most people would book for 7.30 or 8pm (although a few tables were set out for a party, there were many others free). I can't understand why they would turn away customers as if they were an inconvenience. I have used the Weybridge branch many times and found the staff there to be very accommodating. I will not be visitng this branch again, even with discount vouchers.There are much better restaurants nearby.

1 Thank tiggsy_11
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“Very poor service and lack of friendliness”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We spend yesterday at the café Rouge after our visit to cinema. Had been to CR before and were disappointed then. Has not improved! We had 2 vouchers that is really why we went back.
Waitress was the worst I have met for years.No idea about how to provide a nice service. Does the business only harm. Not interested at all.
My wife's food was OK what can go wrong with moules and frites. I had the worst Burger ever. Totally dried out and thinner than Mc Donalds. We will never go back that's for sure. One plus point my French onion soup was nice.

Ashford Kent
“Very average new year's eve meal”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

While the service was fast (too fast?) we had a fairly desultory new year's eve meal here (2013). Not sure we were welcome yet paying the same prices as every other night.

• Visited December 2013