“Birthday Present”

Dunreyth Alpacas
Ranked #16 of 42 things to do in Chichester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dunreyth Alpacas offer Alpaca Walking Experiences, which have been enjoyed by people from as far afield as South Africa, China, Hong Kong, Holland, India and The Arab Emirates. Alpaca walks are available from Wednesday to Sunday every week of the year (except Christmas Day). WALKS MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE . Unlike some other venues we offer clients to walk an an Alpaca each. No sharing unless requested . Walks are at 10.30am. Children must be over six years old, and accompanied by an adult. As alpacas are herd animals and don't like to be alone, at least two alpacas must be booked per walk, which takes approximately 50 minutes, dependent on the alpacas' pace, which isn't all that fast. We have an onsite shop selling hand knitted Alpaca wear made from our own Alpaca for that unique gift and also Alpaca souvenirs of your Alpaca adventure ..
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Wow - from the moment we pulled up we were in love. The Alpacas were beautiful, friendly and so well cared for.
There were 4 of us and we had an Alpaca to walk each, Bruce did a health and safety talk, took us for fabulous views and went at our mixed abilities pace.
One of the party (who's Birthday treat it was) adopted an Alpaca and we had photos too.
Peta went through the fleece and was so informative we loved it.
Can't wait to visit again.
I will even be looking to take our care home residents as they would love it for therapy too.
Amazing chilled experience.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Rooney1972
Bruce I, Owner at Dunreyth Alpacas, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

We were so happy you enjoyed the experience. Look forwards to seeing you all again soon.

All reviews
"great fun"
"south downs"
"couple of hours"

Reviewed June 17, 2016

I did this for my birthday last year and it was fantastic !! It was really different and great fun . The owners were really friendly and the alpacas were lovely . Our walk was really calm and peaceful with great views. I bought a lovely scarf from the gift shop who's wool was donated from jasper one of the alpacas .

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Gemma K
Bruce I, Owner at Dunreyth Alpacas, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Peta and I are so pleased you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful morning with my friend as we walked delightful little Alpacas .We were given Alfie and Elliot for our little treck. Great treat for children. Strongly recommend a visit to learn a little more about these cuties ☺

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Kim
Bruce I, Owner at Dunreyth Alpacas, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2016

It was lovely to see you both. Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.
I am pleased Alfie behaved , he did have his grumpy head on first thing.
We look forward to seeing you agin.
Dunreyth Team

Reviewed February 28, 2016

Seven of us went this weekend, out with the Alpacas. Petra and Bruce were lovely and friendly our group ranged from 17 to 46, we had a great hour out with the Alpacas walking through the woods, we didn't stop laughing from start to finish. The alpacas were friendly and a couple were right little character especially Alfie. I recommend this from young children to the old, great fun.

Date of experience: February 2016
Bruce I, Owner at Dunreyth Alpacas, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing you again. Alfie! Just what can you say about that old boy.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2016

Me and my boyfriend came here as a surprise for his birthday , it was something very different and we both enjoyed it. The owners are very passionate and knowledgeable about the alpacas. We arrived and were shown our alpacas, we then went on a 45 minute walk with them around the surrounding country side. Once we got back we had a look in the gift shop which was great, we both bought a mug with a photo of the same alpacas which we had walked, this was a great touch. I would highly recommend this experience to all age groups if you fancy something a little different and memorable. if you are using a sat nav then beware as it may take you to the wrong place. Thank you for a great experience.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Fern H
Bruce I, Owner at Dunreyth Alpacas, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We are so pleased you enjoyed the experience.
Bruce & Peta