“Dreadful”

Calamity's
Ranked #161 of 286 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rude staff, expensive, stale looking cakes,staff smoking in restaurant, not a happy experience would think a candidate for inspection.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised by how good the food was and how friendly the staff were.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Great collection of Teapots. Don't be in a rush!!! However when food was delivered it was excellent, fresh and presentation very good. Owner Jane is a real character - been there for 30 years.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 18, 2019

Jane makes all her own cakes. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and I don't like sugary treats but Jane's cakes are irresistable: light, fluffy and just the right balance of ingredients. She's also very welcoming and funny, particularly with children.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Came in for a spot of lunch in my lunch hour when working in the witterings for the day. I'm a big food lover but had to leave my plate almost untouched. I was a bit unsure as the counter top was very cluttered and dirty, but thought I'd give it a chance!
I ordered scrambled egg on toast with mushrooms and tomatoes, although I was the only person in the cafe, it took a very long time to come out as the owner was looking after a toddler at the same time.... understandable but a bit annoying to have to wait til the toddler has eaten all her food for yours to be cooked...I'm a paying customer after all... Pretty sure it was all cooked in the microwave as I heard the 'ding' and the bread was incredibly soggy from the mushrooms and tomatoes. The owner was friendly enough and asked me about my day but jokingly slapped me on the wrist when I hadn't finished my food- like it was my fault for not finishing it. For a simple meal it was really really not good. It's very unlike me not to finish food! Shame as brilliant location!

Date of visit: June 2019