“Usual formula - thank goodness”

wagamama chichester
Ranked #42 of 250 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great to see a Wagamama in Chichester at last since it has always been a favourite for inexpensive Asian inspired food. I like the noodles and also the plum wine and was not disappointed today. Staff are very friendly if a little over-eager to ask how the meal was, but I would rather have this then poor service. My only gripe? Too many noisy and screaming children in here, making lunch very unpleasant and the hard surfaces just magnify the sound. We shall return on an evening since the restaurant may be quieter at night.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Had never been to a Wagamama restaurant before but came her for a late lunch with a friend. We both loved it. The staff had the time to explain the menu (try the eggs dipped in tea, just for the fun of it), but we both loved it. Will be back very soon - and thank you to the staff member who took the time to explain everything to us.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The family rolled into Wagamama Chichester a few days after it opened hoping for a feast of oriental 'fusion' flavours. We were sadly disappointed. Service was chaoic (new restaurant, new team?), and the practice of serving dishes as they are cooked (rather than by table occupants) meant that my son and wife were 2/3 through theirs before mine arrived.

So much time has passed since the visit that I can't recall what we ordered, but I can say that we found everything bland and flavourless - plus, my side of Kimchi never turned up.

The bill duly arrived - ouch. Not good value for money for what was three, bland, mediocre, noodle dishes + drinks. Sorry, won't be (and haven't been) back.

PS: When I went to write my review the day after my visit to Wagamana, the restaurant wasn't listed on Tripadvisor, so I submitted it for addition and was informed that I'd be notified when I could add a review - I wasn't, but since I'm here doing others now, I decided I might as well add my thoughts.

1  Thank Linker3000
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had tried the restuarants in Portsmouth and Guildford,very welcoming staff who explained that food would be delivered as it was cooked this was no problem except that the prawn and chicken dishes would have been good if there had been any any prawns in the dish!!!!! also a small amount of chicken,Not good value for money

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

So my first trip to "waggas" everyone had hyped it up so when I arrived the person on the door was welcoming and friendly and showed us to our canteen bench! Not very comfortable.
We had a lovely server who was amazing and this review is only low because of the food not the staff they were all great.
So I ordered a fancy named rice dish with prawns and a curry sauce.
What I got was very pretty to look out colourful and well arranged.
However the dishes should come with a chilli rating because although it wasn't in the chilli section on the menu it was spicy as hell!
There was a grand total of 5 tiny prawns and a whole pepper with some seeds left attached swimming in a sauce that tasted overwhelming of lime.
It was luke warm certainly not worth the £11 for the dish.
The desert wasn't much better I ordered a taster menu of three deserts the cheesecakes was warm and quite liquid and the chocolate cake was dry.
All in all not good value for money poor food, £6.50 for a glass of wine too expensive however saving grace awesome staff.

1  Thank Foodlemcnoodle