“Very good - as expected.”
Review of Wagamama

Wagamama
Ranked #46 of 256 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

You don't go to Wagamama for Michelin starred dining - you go for efficient service, the atmosphere and an authentic Asian experience. I have visited Wagamama in Chichester on 4 or 5 occasions since it opened on different days and at different times of day and have found the experience to be very good. The combination of smaller tables and refectory style tables works well. The options for kids are also good - and the chefs are happy to deal with specific requests. I will keep going back because it is reliable, good for kids and most importantly good value.

1  Thank anguseitel

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Ate twice in the space of a week here with my girlfriend, once in the evening and a Saturday day lunch, both times were great, fresh ingredients, quick and friendly service and a unique buzzing atmosphere. During Saturday lunch time the queue for seating was almost out of the door - days a lot..! Well worth a visit, we will definitely be back

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Visited this restaurant for lunch one weekday, on opening the restaurant door the sound that I was confronted with can only be described as a cacophony. In fact the noise was so great that even the waiter had difficulty understanding our order. There was no concern about neighbouring persons overhearing our conversation as we struggled to understand ourselves! However the service was good. We were warned that dishes might appear at different times from the kitchen. This did not worry me although I know some people would not like this approach. The food was very tasty, I had a fish curry but there was little actual fish. The green tea that came was nice too. The decor in the restaurant could be called minimalist but it simply has no decor. It was an expensive lunch I thought, much better value might be had in Chichester at other restaurants.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went there a weekday evening and were not disappointed, my son, who hates eating out and never eats anywhere else but at home, did eat and surprisingly liked it!, which made my day:)

1  Thank 00702
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I took my 10yr old son here as a bit of a treat on a Friday night, when we were seated we were asked if we had ever eaten there before, and when we said no, they explained how it worked, ie, the food was cooked fresh and came out as soon as it was cooked, so the meals might be slightly staggered.

Even knowing this, I still found it strange that I got my main course before my starter. The starters were OK, and as we were hungry we ate them, for the main, my son had Katsu Curry, which is something we make and eat frequently, but it seemed to be lacking something. My main was a chicken and rice dish which was immediately forgettable.

For Dessert, I had a chocolate fudge cake, which was supposed to have a wasabi cream, but seemed to be lacking the wasabi.

For me, and my son the food seemed to be almost bland and uninspiring, and definitely lacking in punch. Not the sort of flavours I would expect from Pan Asian food (try Yum Yum Ninja in Brighton) and we really would not hurry back for more. Unfortunately, my first experience of eating at a Wagamama Restaurant, will also probably be my last