“Good food, good service, will return”
Review of Efes Turkish Cuisine - CLOSED

Efes Turkish Cuisine
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I went to Efes midweek with family. We had wanted to try it for a while and were looking forward to it. Between the four of us we had four starters, four mains, two bottles of wine, two other alcoholic beverages, Turkish tea and English Breakfast tea, and baklava. the total coming to about £120. All of the food was good, with generous portions and quick service. The staff were attentive and quite happily helped us when we were being indecisive about our food choices. I am definitely planning on going there again, indeed we tried later on that week when friends were visiting, but they were fully booked!

There are newer reviews for Efes Turkish Cuisine

Reviewed August 19, 2014

As a treat we decided to have take out. Not something we do often. Let's try the new place, the one we got a leaflet from.
Phoned and ordered. After an hour plus, hungry and waiting we call? Sadly the driver had an accident and they didn't have our number. Ok...fair do's. These things happen. (the driver was ok...my first question when told)
Week later ..didn't have any takeaway last week so let's give it a go this week. Long day at work, perfect!
Call and speak to a nice gentleman who remembers us and apologizes. Order a lamb beyti and a chicken shish.

1 hour later food arrives. Driver has no change (so gets a tip without request!!)
Yummy...let's tuck in.
Food is kind of cold but hey ho. Waited this long right!
Chicken shish isn't lchicken!! It's lamb! Having not eaten lamb or pork for pretty much forever, I know it's not chicken.
Call the restaurant, explain it's wrong, a lady replies "ahh, wait a moment please, I'm busy so please call back in 5 minutes"...then hangs up!! Call again 10 minutes later ...."hello please wait" literally. I hang up.

They call me back. At this point the man on the phone and another gentleman (or two, maybe three even) have a conversation amoungst themselves debating the situation and basically the outcome is that the chef says it was chicken and I'm trying to cause trouble. I say that I'm a little annoyed at having paid £12 of my hard earned money for a dish I can't even eat.
I'm accused of discrimination etc etc etc and trouble making at which point I decided to hang up!
Customer service at it's best ladies and gents.

Ps....I've worked in catering industry for 14 years! I just expect to recieved what I pay for. In this instance I paid £12 for some cold rice (which sadly for me tasted quite yummy) and a bit of bread. :(

2  Thank jollyjodster
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Simple modestly priced menu. Good service. Tasty and reasonable value -- no Michelin stars but that is not what you we expecting -- so happy with our visit

Reviewed August 19, 2014

There were four of us and all the starters the mains (lamb and chicken) were enjoyed. The service was friendly and attentive without being over the top. It was a Monday evening so we had the special price meal. Chichester has many very good places to eat and I would say this restaurant was average to good for food and excellent for value.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had been intending to visit Efe's for some time and finally our opportunity came to do so recently, when we had friends visiting. We had read some good reviews here and were not disappointed.

The venue itself was once an Indian restaurant and both floors have been turned over to seating, leaving only a small bar at the back and we were seated by it. For this type of food the arrangement works well as it encourages a convivial atmosphere which enhances the experience and certainly makes it somewhere to go with visiting friends or a larger party. For an out-and-out romantic meal, though, I will reserve judgement until trying the upper seating area.

The food, if we are honest, is quite simple - by-and-large meat-based with simple vegetable accompaniments with variations on rice for carbohydrate - but that doesn't mean that it suffers because of that, the portions are generous and the dishes themselves are delicious; there isn't anything to criticise based on our first - but by no means last - visit.

Drinks-wise, the selection is acceptable - a couple of beers, some reasonable wine - but this shouldn't be taken as a criticism as this is not a venue where you would expect to be buying Chateau Lafite de Rothschild and so on, the drinks available work with the food, as it should and as one might expect.

Overall, this is a very good restaurant and a welcome and pleasant complement to the myriad scant-variations-on-a-theme options that seem to prevail in Chichester; we will certainly be visiting again, both as a couple and with friends.