“Amazing can't wait to return”
Review of Vintage Pub Bistro - CLOSED

Vintage Pub Bistro
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Fantastic atmosphere, food was great and the staff were extremely helpful and polite. As amazing as the crispy beef strips were for starters, I wished I saved room in my stomach for deserts as they all looked amazing especially knickerboker glory! I will be telling everyone about The Vintage and cannot wait to return.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Having previously had and excellent Sunday lunch, we returned to try the Saturday menu and were not disappointed. I have not had such a tasty steak and kidney pie for a long time and really liked the unusual potato topping.The burgers were beautifully cooked as was the traditional sausage and mash. Veg cooked to perfection. Service excellent, attentive but not pushy. The only "criticism " I would have is that the large portion sizes make it impossible to try the tempting desserts! Still quiet. Wake up, Chi! You are missing a gem.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I visited Vintage just last Friday with a girlfriend. We found the service attentive and the food scrumptious! The menu is as you would expect, with some old classics, but something for everyone I would say. I had the steak, ordered very rare, and it was cooked to perfection; I can’t often say that, usually I order rare and get medium.

Naughtily we had desert. I cheekily requested a sparkler in my knickerbocker glory… the waiter couldn’t find one, but beautifully decorated my plate with tea lights; a sweet touch – got to love a sense of humour with your meal!

It was very quiet for a Friday eve, but it is January and to be honest, it sorted us to be able to gas in peace.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Booked a table for me and my boyfriend last Saturday and glad I did. I hadn't been in since the changeover and didn't know what to expect, but, really impressed with it all. We shared a baked camembert to start with before I had the smoked haddock and my boyfriend a fillet steak, we were absolutely stuffed. The place looks great and the staff were ever so friendly. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Popped in for a meal for 2 and couldn't be more impressed. A simple menu done perfectly. Burger & home made chips did not disappoint as they so often do in pub/restaurants. The service is spot on, couple of guys on the bar who were attentive but not intrusive. We will definitely be back!