“Lovely Theatre”

Chichester Festival Theatre
Ranked #2 of 66 things to do in Chichester
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been to this Theatre three times this year, and each time I thjoroughly enjoyed myself. The seats were comfortable and the auditorium air conditioned. I booked online, and so the process of finding my seat was pain free. The staff were attentive and professional and as an added bonus, the threatre was celebrating its 50th anniversary and we were all given free champagne or soft drinks of our choice. Lovely theatre for a summers eveing having sets and tables outside. The seats are not cheap though.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The main season is from May to end of Septembe3r when two theatres go non stop. One large and main stream and the other more intimiate, n They often do some off beat stuff - such as theatre on the fly - an open backed barn where actors walked in from the landscape. Stuff from here often goes to the west end,. Comfy modern theatre, one lift but access for disabled needs improving Parking for matinees can be very difficult.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A great place to visit for a play. The main theatre is very large but views are excellent from most places, but try to see a play in the Minerva theatre, it is an excellent space. Productions are always of excellent quality and it's a great place to see plays before they get taken to the Wst End. Book early.

1  Thank THD_01
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The restaurant, at the CFT, is practically, a hop, and a skip, to the North Street Carpark. For morning coffee, it provides an enjoyable interlude to the day. I have eaten lunch at the CFT restaurant, before a matinee before. I hadn't enjoyed my choice very much. There is a lady who works there, and she is very friendly. We return time and time, as we know, we will receive a warm welcome - for coffee !

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Now quite simply the best theatre in England outside London replacing Stratford where the RSC has been in a ten year decline.
Arturo Ui and Absurd Person Singular stood out in a 50th anniversary programme that marked the theatre's best season in memory.