“Amazing!”

Dining options: Reservations
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great country pub! Lovely atmosphere. Staff are really friendly and helpful. Food is outstanding! I'm a fussy eater but they always cook my steak just as I like it! We always end up over-eating as can't let such good food go to waste! Starters and puddings equally as delicious!

• Visited June 2013

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Excellent Supper”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Twenty of us met The Anglesey Arms to finalize a trip to France, We made a lot of noise but the staff took our orders with ease. Really good sea food salad, dressed crab, smoked sea bass, seafood curry, a few of our group had the ham, egg and chips which they reported was excellent. The Anglesey Arms has something for every one.

tendring
“excellent”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A party of us were staying locally, and eat here two evenings. We would have eaten here 3 but were not doing Sun. evening meals. The food and choice were excellent, and the service was excellent, especially as the poor waitress had 15 of us to contend with.

chichester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I first went to this pub for a friend of a friends wake! And while there I decided to get some food and steak being my favourite I ordered that straight away. I've eaten steak at a lot of different places and the Anglesey Arms is by far the best place I've ever been for steak, it was cooked to perfection, the chips are the biggest I've ever had as so with the onion rings, the peppercorn sauce is by far the BEST I've ever tasted and I mean THE BEST! ! Portions are generous.
As for the overall visit, staff are friendly and VERY welcoming, its a great place for a night out with family or friends they also have a large garden with a huge green usually used for parking for coaches during goodwood events I guess but usually its completely empty and a great place for the kids to play around whike the adults enjoy their evening and its not near the road so you know they are safe. Overall its a great place for food and drinks with lots of ale's on tap and an overall nice relaxing atompshere with open fires and comfy seating. Last time I went there we arrived for our table and we were pointed to our table with the man saying we thought we would seat you by the fire so you'll be nice and warm, which I thought was very welcoming. Again a great place to take family and friends. Only thing is food is very expensive but worth every penny in my opinion.

1 Thank Jake M
Prince George, Canada
“Great country pub”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staying across the street from the Anglesey Arms, we ended up eating/drinking there three out of 4 nights. Very hospitable, and very good food. The Thai Red Curry was my favourite, and the Mushroom Penne a close second. We spent our time in the pub side, but there is a nice dining area, where families can bring their children to enjoy a meal together.

Everybody was very receptive to 'outsiders', and we felt very comfortable.

Well worth the visit. Highly recommended

• Visited March 2013