“Service slow, manager couldn't run a circus.”

Carluccio's - Chichester
Ranked #37 of 256 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I took my husband to this resturant for his birthday.
We got seated straight away, but it took half an hour to put in a drinks order, had to ask the waiter to take our order, it took an hour to get starters, then we were left for half an hour starting at the dirty plates, our mains came, risotto was bland and lumpy, seafood pasta, was bland .
After the main, bearing in mind 2 hours had past, I just had to get out of the resturant, the hub bub of noise was unbearable, the seats are not designed for 2 hour waites.
But what I did notice was the red haired girl who was obviously in charge of the resturant.
She could see that her staff were struggling to keep up, but not once did she up her game, or even break into a trot.
She was not leading her team through a busy period more intrested in hanging around the end of the bar and looking around the resturant.
After reading the review in the Chichester observer I booked this resturant , but maybe this was a unbalanced report as they were the press after all.
I don't think I have ever received such appalling service and medioca food.
Watching how the floor runs is a joke , watching the manager try to manager is absolutely laughable.
If you want to stay in buisness in Chichester your going to have to up your game because people will not come back twice.
I was offered a free meal.
No thanks I will never set foot in that place again.

1  Thank lindaandstuart

Reviewed June 15, 2013

A very clean restaurant with spaced out tables.
Portions of food were Very small and served with too many green leaves. Very, very slow service even though it was a quiet night. The meal was not fulfilling and afterwards we went to McDonalds.

1  Thank warboys
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I visited Carluccio's as we have several times before. He is a fan of the fish stew which he ate again and thoroughly enjoyed. I chose a pan fried pork with new potatoes, which is exactly what I got - a slab of pork and new potatoes literally swimming in butter. Rather lacking in presentation and imagination - I would have liked to have fewer potatoes and maybe a couple of runner beans or a sprig of something but it's just a lesson in not expecting any more than is described - choose carefully and my suggestion - go for the fish stew! We sat outside as even in the shade on a coolish May day in England it was warmer than indoors - the air conditioning was rather over zealous! Having said that the service was good but for what we had to eat I thought it was a little pricey and there are better value restaurants in the area.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for a light lunch. Excellent service. Good food, nice atmosphere, not to expensive.

Worth a visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

All three of our party enjoyed a long lunch on Bank Holiday Monday. Staff were attentive and polite. The food was very good, as usual, but we think it's about time this chain altered the menu as we have now tried almost everything and it would be good to try something new!