“Disappointing lunch.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Called in for lunch between Christmas and the New Year. Sense they had been busy as there were quite a number of uncleared tables around.
Both of our pastas were rather disappointing. The parts in terms of ingredients were fine, but the sum was poor; tasteless and unseasoned.
It appeared that the cooking staff were all quite young and probably lacking experience.
All in all a very average experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Such a variation, Our second visit, one day I will go and eat a proper meal it looks so good, just tried the starters and the coffee and the drinks. That was good on both occasion. I am saving it to go Properly for something special.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Have eaten here a couple of times now. If you join their 'club' on the website they give you a free bottle of wine which we took advantage of on the second visit. Instead of the house wine we chose to have £13.95 of a wine of our choice. At the end of the meal we were presented with a voucher for another free bottle of wine so this seems to be their discount rather than 'buy one get one free'. The atmosphere is good; relaxed and friendly and the staff is pleasant enough without being over enthusiastic. I had the veal Milanese last time which I preferred to the pasta I had on the first visit. The olives we had whilst choosing from the menu weren't good as they were plain and I prefer marinated ones. It's a fair price for three courses (with the discount).

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Starting with being left hanging about in spite of reserving a table, this was a very poor experience.
Staff uninformed and not that interested, not able to explain menu satisfactorily. Beginning with a bottle of Prosecco, that was good, but glasses dirty, as were all the glasses we used. Overcooked starter which was described by staff as tempura, ( in an Italian restaurant? ) mozzarella given instead of scamorza, no explanation. main course ok, if small, not exactly value for money. Final insult being cold coffee. All in all poor and I would not return, some of the food was just ok but on the whole a poor lunch out and not good value.

1  Thank JohnCA474
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Having never eaten in a carluccios before I was excited to try this one in Chichester.
We went for lunch when the restaurant was fairly busy. Drinks were brought quickly and we were given 5 mins to look through the menu.
My only slight complaint is the lack of a lunch menu with lighter / cheaper dishes.
I had the veal tortellini which didn't look overly impressive being all one colour but was tasty, in a lovely buttery sauce. My friends penne with sausage again looked a little bland but he assures me it tasted great. We also had cheesy garlic bread which was fantastic!
Having since read the reviews I'm a little surprised at some of the negativity and am looking forward to going back.
I also bought my children the huge meringues which they say are lovely!

1  Thank Chic2geek