“We enjoyed our meal”

Ranked #9 of 253 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tucked away in a pretty square behind St Pancras church, our restaurant offers a wonderfully light, yet cosy space to stop for coffee, meet friends for lunch, or enjoy a special dinner. In sunny weather a glass of bubbly or a cocktail al fresco is the perfect way to make the most of the terrace. If you are looking for fabulous French food served in a relaxed and welcoming setting then look no further than this very special little brasserie.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I meet my family in Chichester from time to time and normally lunch at another venue. Last time we were very disappointed with that venue so tried Brasserie Blanc. we had a good meal at a vey good price and will certainly visit again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I booked this restaurant for a meal out with some friends last week - a reunion having not seen each other for a long time. But my goodness - what a disappointment! The food was very poor and certainly not worth the amount of money we had to pay. Such a shame - as we were all looking forward to it immensely. However, our waitress, Jane, was fantastic. I believe it was her first time serving an evening table and she couldn't have been more helpful. If she didn't know the answer to any of our questions she hurried away to find out and returned immediately with the correct answer. A charming young lady who I hope continues to do well as a waitress at Brasserie Blanc or wherever she works in the future. With regard to recommending this restaurant - don't go there! Try Carluccio's round the corner in Eastgate Square - we've had good meals there in the past and wish we had dined there last week instead of at Brasserie Blanc.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Booked the restaurant for an evening with 3 girlfriends. We all agreed that the food was well below par, and none of us were impressed. The waitress that served us was excellent but that was the only thing we could say was good. I feel that we were paying for the name and I do not think that the restaurant lives up to Raymond Blancs reputation.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

On arrival the staff directed us to hang our own coats on hooks behind other patrons tables. We were then seated by the bar and were continuously knocked by staff and customers walking past. On complaining we were moved to another table in the middle of the restaurant, a better location but the tables were so close together there was no privacy and we struggled to hold a conversation. The seating arrangements and atmosphere were like being in a school canteen. For starters we ordered the mussels in white wine sauce which were delivered in a bucket with such high sides it gave us arm ache trying to get to the food. The sauce was watery with absolutely no flavour. We complained and these starters were deducted from the final bill. The main course was adequate at best. The only saving grace were the waiting staff, they were fantastic. Normally I would tip about 20% but on this occasion it should have been 0% but the waiting staff were good so I left 5%. Give it a miss.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I visited Brasserie Blanc after a friend recommended we try it. I must admit I rarely dine in French establishment's, but I'm so glad we did. Food was outstanding, I can not remember the last time I ate such a marvellous piece of steak. The house red wine was wonderful and very good value for money, and the desserts were incredible. Our experience would not have been complete without our charming waitress Lauren. I have never felt more at home then I did on this occasion. She was very helpful in describing the food before we finally decided, and she took time to have a conversation with us at our table. Every workplace should have such lovely staff like our waitress.She also informed us about Trip advisor, this is my first review. Hopefully a 5 star review of many at Brasserie Blanc. Will absolutely be returning.