“Nice Sunday Lunch”
Review of The Park Tavern

The Park Tavern
Ranked #37 of 257 Restaurants in Chichester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a Fullers Pub which advertises as 'The re-decorated restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy delicious home cooked meal, we also do private function'
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had lunch here a couple of weeks ago and all in all it was great, we had the roast which was a combination of 3 meats pork, lamb and beef... lovely veggies and when i requested more gravy the staff apologized that they had run out but the chef would be prepared to make some more, but would i mind if it was not exactly home-made, this did not bother me at all. I wished I had been allowed to try the desserts but my Partner and my friend were very keen to the live music so we never got around to choosing one!

Very friendly, helpful staff, we will be back.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Excellent location for a nice drink and lunch. Was nice to see the owners dogs in the pub, Hank and George . Will go back for an evening meal soon.

1  Thank gow2king
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had the steak night for the first time here last night and it was brilliant. The wife and I had two great steaks with amazing chips and it was great value. Will definitely be back here for more. Great atmosphere in the pub with a good mix of locals too.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I visit Chichester a lot to see my family and always take them out to lunch. We have often gone to The Park Tavern and had very good food, service and value for money. I have consequently recommended the place to many other people. On this occasion I ordered a rump steak. I found it to be the most fatty steak I have ever eaten. Every mouthful was chewy fat laden and spoilt the meal. I mentioned this to our waitress who told us that the kitchen would be informed. I also mentioned it when going to the counter to pay. At no time was any alternative or discount offered. I was told that you can't really see what the steak will be like before you cook it. I beg to differ greatly - I can do that at home so why can't a qualified chef? It has left a very bad taste in my mouth (pun intended). I am unlikely to recommend this place again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

From the bull dog lounging on the floor to the house-made date "pickle" to the great assortment of ales and beers to the remarkably friendly staff and "regulars" don't miss The Park Tavern.

1  Thank nancychan