All reviews car park priory park top floor bar and restaurant festival theatre lovely hotel boutique hotel restaurant manager chichester harbour set menu high street central location town centre one night stay high standard full english breakfast breakfast was excellent
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Advertises Free Parking..... note it is subject to availability.....booked a Superior Double Room....the bed is 2 singles put together. Where you spend all night rolling into the middle of the bed, every time you turn over. So no sleep. Most uncomfortable beds ever....

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kerrypearcey
ChichesterGM, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear kerrypearcey,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sit with me to talk about your concerns during your stay, I am sorry that you still left feeling unhappy. As discussed, the catch on the zip and link bed had come unconnected which left them unstable, this was rectified for the rest of your stay and you did advise that this was then much better.

Again, I am sorry that you left still feeling dissatisfied, it is never our intention for guests to leave unhappy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We found the service very efficient and friendly. The food was very nice tasty and well presented. We enjoyed the meal very much. The decor was very pleasing and light and in sympathy with the age of the building.

Date of stay: September 2019
ChichesterGM, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Diana D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit to our hotel for a meal, the team are delighted with your comments and we all hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Not a bad hotel, but a lack of decent ventilation let alone air conditioning makes for an unpleasant stay in summer. The window in our room was screwed shut apart from a 10 cms gap at the bottom which drew in no cool air. Staff completely indifferent to our observations at check out

Room tip: Find one where the window opens properly. South facing rooms unpleasant in summer

Dear Nicholas A,

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us, this summer certainly has been a hot one and being a listed and historic building does give rise to numerous challenges around this. Our bedrooms, all being on higher floors are often restricted with opening limits for safety reasons but I am sorry that my team did not explain this well to you and you found them unsympathetic when you mentioned this.

I do hope this does not deter you from another visit to Chichester Harbour Hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

Having stayed in other Harbour hotels I had high expectations. I booked directly from their website & should have checked on here first.

Room was in the attic, ridiculously hot with no ac & shutters which were mostly broken.

Beds were comfy but room felt cramped & bathroom wasn’t what you expect when paying £200 a night. Water pressure was poor & it was very tired.

Managed to finally fall asleep around midnight only to be woken at 6 by the light from the broken shutters. Fire alarm going off at 7.30 ensured anyone who had managed to sleep in, wouldn’t any longer

Drinks always took over 10 mins to arrive despite one time being no one else in the bar, I ordered a drink to have with my dinner and it didn’t arrive until after the bill!

The AC in the restaurant was so powerful it blew the card menu off the table and had to be held down. The lighting also didn’t help with the ambience, however I thought the food was delicious.

This hotel needs training for staff and money spending on it to bring it up to the standard of the rest of the harbour hotel’s.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ChichesterGM, General Manager at Chichester Harbour Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Dear CathieB130,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay in Chichester, I am so sorry for the issues you encountered on your recent visit. Please could I ask that you contact me directly on sally.russell@harbourhotels.co.uk in order for me to address these points personally for you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review and I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Very best,

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

The hotel has an excellent location, particularly if you are visiting the theatre, and the parking is good if you are lucky enough to get there on a first come first served basis. The residential parts of the hotel looked pretty tired and our room was cramped, hot, airless and in need of a refurb. The staff were pleasant enough but we shan’t be returning.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear sed298,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review, feedback is so important for us so that we can continue to make improvements.

I am pleased that the team looked after you.

If your travels ever bring you back to Chichester please do let me know so I can ensure you are well looked after.

Many thanks,