We had stayed here once before maybe 8-10 years ago , it was ok, nothing special.
So when visiting the area again to see Anthony and cleopatra at the theatre in Chichester(a little difficult to follow) we came frankly not expecting too much.
Friendly greeting , the hotel much larger , tastefully done , lunch was excellent really perfect and at £18 for 2 courses and£24 for three , what value ,then our room 18. With the four poster looking out over the field , cosy and comfortable.
On Sunday I had booked lunch elsewhere I cancelled it and ate here instead , very glad we did
We had lunch in the conservatory , the staff mainly young were as friendly and efficient as you
Could wish , the head waiter always around to ensure everyone was looked after, starter of mango and crayfish prettily presented , delicious then roast beef , yorkshire pudding , crisp vegetables , good roast potatoes ending with pannacotta.
Again a most enjoyable meal , the place was packed and that says it all.
When in Chichester this is the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crouchers Hotel is an early 1900's farmhouse which has been converted to house 26 bedrooms in the outside coach house,barn and stables . The main house contains our oaked beamed restaurant , relaxing bar area and lounge. Our staff are always on hand to ensure you are well looked after . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Crouchers Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crouchers Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Crouchers Country
- Crouchers Country West Sussex