We arrived late and were a bit miffed to be told the restaurant stopped serving at 9 and that there was no room service option. They did knock us up a sandwich but it was a bit disappointing - parma ham and mild cheddar? I thought was an odd choice.
The staff however were very friendly, young, energetic and keen to help.
The best thing about the hotel was the lovely modern rooms. I had a corner room with smart French windows opening onto a private garden area overlooking beautiful meadows (hayfever sufferers take note). The room had a walk-in wardrobe, large comfy bed and all modern appliances.
The bathroom was modern with a lovely roll top bath and fantastic huge shower.
Breakfast was very good and there was the option to eat outside.
There was good free wifi throughout.
The hotel is opposite a great pub serving a lovely local Sussex ale and selling pizza and pasta. Sadly they had run out of pizzas following a very busy Sunday.
The hotel is a short drive from the fantastic sandy West Wittering beach.
Would definitely recommend for business, or romantic couple stay.. perhaps not the best choice for a family as it has a grown-up feel..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crouchers Hotel is an early 1900's farmhouse which has been converted to house 26 bedrooms in the outside coach house,barn and stables . The main house contains our oaked beamed restaurant , relaxing bar area and lounge. Our staff are always on hand to ensure you are well looked after . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Crouchers Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crouchers Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Hotel Crouchers Country
- Crouchers Country West Sussex