1,676 results
All reviewsbar and grillhealth clubgolf breakplay golfchef restaurantlovely hotelsculpture parkleisure facilitieschanging roomshotel guestsrace trackbirthday treatwaiting staffenjoyable staygarden roomhigh standardrelaxing break
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

This was my 10th visit to the Goodwood Hotel as the greeting note and chocolates, a very nice gesture, informed me. I’ve enjoyed many a visit to this hotel, but our stay this weekend wasn’t up to scratch and the hotel disappointed on several levels.

To take just three examples. The room last Saturday wasn’t serviced when we returned from Chichester at 3.30. A late rising wedding party caused the backlog, but I find this unacceptable at a four star hotel that certainly isn’t cheap. At the health centre, the entrance cards to the the gym and changing rooms didn’t work on two separate visits. As I accessed the changing rooms through the family access, I heard someone else thumping the door trying to get in. Very poor attention to detail.

Finally the quality of breakfast has deteriorated big time. Time was when a quite breakfast could be had in the old restaurant with a great selection of fruit, cereals and a wonderful attention to detail (‘how long would you like your eggs boiled for?’). The move to the new restaurant means very little choice of fruit and little care in the service and a perfect,relaxed start to the day becomes a noisy, functional meal that one is happy just to get through.

I won’t be making my 11th visit as a result.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
TheGoodwoodHotel, Guest Relations at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed in your recent stay with us, and I have passed on your feedback to the managers concerned. Breakfast moved to the Bar & Grill when the Farmer, Butcher, Chef restaurant opened in 2016 as this area is not big enough to accommodate the breakfast service.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

The facilities including golf are good at Goodwood but the food and bar service is slow and in particular the food service cannot serve two dishes ordered together simultaneously - it’s clearly beyond their abilities as we had three experiences of this in three separate food orders!

1  Thank Ian1203

Ian sorry to read that you had a mixed experience during your recent visit to Goodwood. I will pass on your feedback to the restaurant manager.

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Myself and my partner recently stayed here for 1 night in August 2018 when we attended a wedding. We were greeted by the reception staff and were able to check in earlier that 3pm which was great. Our room was quite spacious, clean and comfortable.
It was quite a hot day so thankful that the room was nice and cool from the air conditioning.
We went to the swimming pool in the afternoon but were dissapointed when it was full of children screaming and jumping off the sides of the pool. So if you visiting and want to go swimming in peace, we suggest you visit the pool early in the morning or in the later afternoon/ evening time. The changing rooms were clean with pin lockers.
The pool is not particularly big but you can manage to do some lane swimming. There is a hot tub and a sauna room.
Myself and my partner decided to order room service for dinner as there was not much on the menu at the restaurant/ bar for vegetarians. I had a fish pie with Ale and my partner had a cheese toasty with fries. We both had ice cream and hot chocolate for desert. The room service was cook and the food was great.
We would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterJReynolds

Peter, thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I was glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed on Saturday night as we were taking part in a car display at the wonderful Goodwood House.
The room was great and breakfast the next morning perfect.
We had dinner in the main restaurant and the quality of the beef board was fantastic, bread and butter pudding awesome although I wish I had been offered ice cream instead of the buttermilk sorbet which I couldn’t eat.
My wife had the cheese board and left everything except the Stilton, we were only offered bottled water and a two course meal for two was £90 inc the already included 10% tip and then there was a space for a gratuity which is just wrong when you already added it.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
TheGoodwoodHotel, Guest Relations at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Peter thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. Just to explain the bill, if a gratuity is added manually on the bill then the service charge would be removed, we would not process both. Also the service charge is optional and can be removed from your bill on request.

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here around the same time of year for the past three years. The location of the hotel is superb especially when attending the Festival Theatre.
This year we were assured that on two of the three nights we would be offered a room upgrade due to a problem we had experienced during our previous stay. The hotel notified us of this in an email explaining that an upgrade would not be possible on the first evening of our stay due to the hotel being fully booked.
When we checked in on Sunday 5 August we were advised that there was no record of an upgraded room being mentioned on the booking system. We were allocated room 254, a spacious room with a super efficient air conditioning system which was greatly appreciated as a result of the amazing hot weather we have being experiencing.
Ahead of our final evening we were contacted whilst out and about on our travels to inform us that our room had been upgraded to a suite for our last night if we wished to to proceed with the upgrade. We agreed that this would be be a much appreciated gesture and decided to go ahead.
The upgraded room was extremely spacious however the air conditioning system was no where near as efficient as that in our original room. Additionally, the water pressure in the bathroom was poor. It was impossible to use the bath / shower/ sink at the same time without the water pressure being seriously compromised. The larger shower area had the same shower head as that fitted above our original shower over bath fitting and was totally inefficient. The size of the shower tray warranted a rain shower fitting.
When we reported these issues to reception we were advised that both problems would be investigated.
We returned to the hotel in the evening at 2130 following dinner to be informed that as the air conditioning matter was not deemed of sufficient importance to warrant immediate attention nothing could be done to improve the situation. We were asked if we would like to switch rooms again but we declined.
Breakfast in the hotel was a huge let down; chaotic service with mis-directed orders and a general lack of attentiveness. On day two we witnessed several guests including members of the golf/health club complaining bitterly about the prolonged waiting times.
Whilst we will definitely return, management need to pay attention to detail to the points made above.
Furthermore if customer relations room upgrades are offered and authorised then they should be guaranteed.
As we headed home we received an email from the person who had authorised the upgrade to ask if we wished to discuss elements of our stay. Really!!! Why was contact not made during our stay?

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. The complimentary room upgrade that you refer to was offered subject to availability, and I did advise you at the time of the offer to make your reservation through me so that I could confirm to you if an upgrade was possible on your chosen dates. Unfortunately you made your reservation via an external booking company which meant that we were not able to match up your details until after your arrival. I am sorry that you were disappointed that I did not make contact with you during your stay, I did not discover that there had been issues with your stay until after you had checked out and the Front Desk team passed on your request for me to contact you.

Christine Jones