1,678 results
All reviewsbar and grillhealth clubgolf breakplay golfchef restaurantlovely hotelsculpture parkleisure facilitieschanging roomshotel guestsrace trackbirthday treatwaiting staffenjoyable staygarden roomhigh standardrelaxing break
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

The Farmer, the Butcher and the Chef at the Goodwood Hotel have shown just how good their culinary skills as well as providing a top not notch menus within the sensible financial reach for many of us. A 3 course set menu for under £20 pp offered choice and real quality for our anniversary luncheon last Saturday. The venue is unique and relaxing and the young staff most attentive. My wife and I enjoyed every morsel from each plate......we will be back there soon for our next special lunch out in the Chichester area.....thank you to the FBC team it was special!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
TheGoodwoodHotel, Hotel Coordinator at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to post this review, and it was great to hear that you enjoyed your meal in the Farmer, Butcher, Chef restaurant. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the team. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Christine

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Lovely modern room, fantastic dinner, probably the best lamb I have ever had. Vegetables could have been better. Great beer. Spa great.

Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment, was hoping for a relaxing Sunday morning, breakfast room which is next to the spa had an atmosphere more cafeteria than relaxing country hotel. Food was well below the standard set the night before, coffee really bad.

Hotel lacking some nice lounges/corners to read the paper and chill.

Despite being on an country estate and golf course, there did not appear to be any car free footpaths to go for a Sunday walk.

Staff were very very friendly. Thank you!

If you are looking for a weekend of golf, so quick functional breakfast and out followed by a good dinner and good sleep then this place is for you. But with a little more care I think this hotel could expand to cater for those of us who are looking for a relaxing morning and a nice country walk. I feel there are lots of other places which have a better offer.

Oh and I think the "no photography" sign is probably better suited to the 1970s.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us and I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your dinner. We do have some quiet corners for our guests, there is just outside the Cedar Suite, which is nicely tucked away, or the Oaks Lounge, I'm sorry that you did not find these. The Hotel's location is part of its charm but unfortunately it can only be accessed by road. However there are footpath walks within a short distance and I am sure my colleagues on Front Desk would have been more than happy to provide you with a map. With regard to the "no photography" sign - I'm not sure I have ever seen this but can only assume it relates to Goodwood House which is the home of the Duke and Duchess of Richmond and their family.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

We spent last weekend at Goodwood and we couldn't have hoped for more. We were lucky enough to have 30 friends & family join us in the Lennox Room for a feasting menu and it was exactly that...what a feast! The staff that looked after us were amazing! Such a lovely venue for a big celebration with this beautiful room and a little snug room next door that people could retire to, my son even nodded off on the sofa. Thanks again to Helen & her team, nothing was too much to ask. I would highly recommend the whole estate, my husband had a 'slip & slide' experience and the whole family used the spa and then we had a beautiful autumn walk after our hearty breakfast. Lots of happy memories!

Room Tip: Beautiful estate, great staff, excellent food.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
TheGoodwoodHotel, Hotel Coordinator at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to post this lovely review. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable experience. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Our daughter had organised this event for her husband. We stayed in great rooms, the service was brilliant. More especially we thoroughly enjoyed the sharing meal in a private room (30 of us ), the Lennox room. The meal was fabulous, the slow cooked lamb out of this world. The room was so beautiful and the cosy room next so homely and comfy with the open fire. We had a five star absolutely fantastic time with family and friends. I would also like to congratulate the lady (Helen I think was her name) who looked after us with her staff for the evening, she was so warm and friendly. Thank you to all for such a happy family reunion, it will certainly stay in my heart for a long time to come.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
TheGoodwoodHotel, Hotel Coordinator at The Goodwood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thank you very much for this lovely review. I was so pleased to read that you had a great experience enjoying both the food and the ambience of the Lennox room. I will ensure that Helen is made aware of your kind comments, and thank you again for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed November 5, 2017

If I am going to compare my experience at Goodwood Hotel with other Hotels (including Spa hotels) which I have been more recently, I will have to give 3 stars to Goodwood Hotel. Basically, it was not a negative experience, however it wasn't impressive overall, apart from the Italian gentleman who served us at Breakfast, who was very pleasant and definitely provided a 5 star service!

The staff in the Health centre, especially, were not too helpful and did not take the time to explain to us how it all worked and how we could get access to those facilities.

The room was very good, but some appliances were not working. It was a good weekend, but it did not impress me enough for me to want to go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I was sorry to read that we failed to impress you. Your feedback with regard to the Health Club staff will be passed on, as will your comments regarding our Breakfast Manager. Glad to hear, however, that you enjoyed your weekend.