“Can the portion sizes get any smaller ?”
Review of The Barn Harvester

The Barn Harvester
Ranked #13 of 250 Restaurants in Chichester
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Barn Harvester in Chichester food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Chichester, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Westhampnett, Kingsham and Boxgrove, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We thought we would try this Harvester in Chichester as a special family Christmas treat. We have gradually felt that over some time now, our more local Harvesters have gone downhill in terms of value, however we were disappointed with this one as well.

i no longer feel that the "free salad" is what sells this as a value for money restaurant. This forms in my opinion a significant part of the main meal price now. The mains are no where near the same size that they used to be. I am not a large person, but did not feel full after my chicken meal even with 2 bowels of salad. The fizzy drink unlimited option is good value but the extra fizz will give you a bloated feel as if you are full.

Our bill again has crept up with 4 average priced mains and 3 soft drinks, 1 water to around £40. Pizza Hut buffets x 4 with the salad and drinks probably gives a better value option now.

I'm not sure where Harvester are going with their marketing strategy, but that value has gone here now. Good, clean modern restaurant however but staff did not appear that interested or motivated from what I could see.

The food is well presented and tasted fine, but not the experience it used to be.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Barn Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Barn Harvester. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.

There are newer reviews for The Barn Harvester

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Joel is the manager and I booked a Xmas dinner. A few hours later I told Joel I had to change my plans due to a personal family issue: Joel spent an hour on the phone getting me a refund. I would say that he should have had the power to make that decision himself but thanks to him for doing everything in his power to help my situation. I'd also like to say thanks to Vicky and Lindsey who really made an effort to make things easy for m in a crisis. Tom was also great. Thanks to all the bar staff for being wonderful. Great pub - great people

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at the Barn Harvester. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I visited here with my family for my sons birthday. It was a thursday evening and there were 8 of us in total, including my 11year old daughter. The restuarant was very busy, there was not enough staff to cope with the amount of diners and service was very slow. We had to wait over 30 minutes to even be able to get a table, even though we had booked in advance! To me this is unacceptable but i didnt like to complain. We had to wait nearly 45mins for our meals. The food was average, usual Harvester fare, we did all enjoy the unlimited salad. My steak had to be sent back as i asked for medium but it was so rare it was almost raw!
We didnt have dessert as they all seemed a little uninteresting and preety expensive. I would visit again but probably for lunch not an evening meal. I also feel that the drinks are very expensive.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Barn Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've enjoyed the cheap and cheerful atmosphere of Harvesters in the past, but this time it doesn't get my vote. Twice a colleague and I have been there and it has lost the 'feel' I like. More raucous, loud and a bit uncouth. Not worth the 'free' salad. My steak was redone, and I could tell the lovely waitress was embarrassed too. I like to make it a pleasure for staff to serve me, so generally get a good response back. This time we were all disappointed and we went to The Old Stables at Fontwell instead.

1  Thank Andrew S
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Barn Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times with family and friends. Every occasion the service has not been great and same goes for the food. The noise level from not just fellow customers but staff is horrendous.
There is definitely better around.

1  Thank Bekki20
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Barn Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

We are sorry that your recent visit to The Barn Harvester was not to your satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback which will help us to improve, and we have replied to you personally about your review.