“Amazing cooked breakfast”

Sage
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Food for The Soul - locally sourced ingredient lead innovative, nutritional balanced and extremely tasty. Small menu, freshly made changes regularly.Great venue for private events, parties or weddings.
Shepton Mallet, United Kingdom
“Amazing cooked breakfast”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited Sage Restaurant today (Sunday). We have been to Arundel several times but this was our first time to this restaurant and we will certainly be going back. The restaurant is set back from the road with outside seating to the front. please do make the effort to find it. We both had the Sage breakfast (I never normally choose a cooked breakfast but it did sound good and the waitress did recommend it). I must say it was absolutely superb and extremely reasonably priced for the quality and variety of ingredients (local sausages, spinach, halloumi cheese, ciabatta bread, plus the usual tomatoes, mushroom & bacon). This comes to a very close second to the breakfasts we have had in Michelin star restaurants. If you want a simply stunning cooked breakfast visit here.

Visited February 2014

“Good lunch with pleasant, helpful staff.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Ate lunch here last Saturday with my wife. We both had the butternut squash and nutmeg soup with herb croutons (served with chargrilled ciabatta) which was very tasty, then ploughman's lunch distinguished by quality terrine and interesting local cheese (Burwash Rose from the Real Cheese Company) served with a beet root pickle, chillies in olive oil, frisée lettuce and more ciabatta.
I had a glass of a good Picoul Pinet and my wife a Rioja. Finished with good coffees. Bill came to £44 which I feel was reasonable value. Would certainly return.

• Visited December 2013
West Sussex
“Very good indeed!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We visited last weekend with friends for the first time. We were running late and called to let the restaurant know and they were absolutely fine about it. On arriving we had a choice of tables - which was nice and I guess a result of eating later in the evening. There were several tables occupied in what is a small restaurant and it had a nice feel about it. The owner was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable from the outset.
We were offered and accepted drinks whilst we looked at the menu and were told a couple of specials. It was one of those nights where everything sounds delicious so tough to choose!
There was a good wine list to choose from and after much deliberation we managed to decide on our meals!
The service as been described as slow on here - I can't really comment if Im honest as we were busy enjoying our evening with friends but I think we would have noticed if it was slow. It is certainly quite a relaxed approach and perhaps the service style is more European and laid back as opposed to rushed! We didn't have an issue at all.
Our starters were all lovely - the scallop dish was very generous with scallops which were really well cooked and very tasty. Mains really were the tough ones to choose as the choice of meat, fish and chicken dishes all sounded lovely. In the end three of us went for the beef dish and I ended up going for the pork dish. Im not usually a fan of pork - pork belly in particular - but the dish sounded really nice and we agreed that as hubby was having the beef we could swap if I really didn't like it. In actual fact this turned out to be one of the nicest dishes I have had and we all decided definately the dish of the night!!
Desserts were great too - a couple of us had the cheeseboard which was a really nice selection of cheeses and the other two shared the dessert platter which was fab!
We certainly ate very well, we had (plenty!) to drink and the bill was very very reasonable! The owner was very friendly and welcoming and overall we had a really nice evening.
We will definately return and can highly recommend a visit.

• Visited October 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Never again!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had booked a table for 8.15 and arrived spot on time. We were seated and had ordered drinks by 8.20pm. The drinks arrived at 8.25 when we ordered the food. The restaurant was busy but it appeared a normal saturday night - all tables filled. At 9.15 our starter finally arrived after a couple of 'how much longer' queries. This brought the response 'we have couple of large groups in and only one chef but you are next'. At 10.15 after another couple of 'how long' queries we finally gave up on getting our mains and left the restaurant. Paying for what we had had I hasten to add!! At no time did the staff make any apology for the delay or perhaps offer a drink to tide us over while we waited. We did notice that a table for three that came in after us managed to get served their mains before us. We were not happy and the attitude of the front of house was very poor. I can only say that if they take the bookings they should be able to cope with the service. For the first time in my life I walked out of a restaurant and have no intention of ever going back. Had they had handled it differently we might have looked upon it more kindly.

Visited October 2013
Arundel, United Kingdom
“A little disappointing.....”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Had a nice meal but the menu has remained very similar for some time. As a loal, a little more variety would be good.Staff very friendly, service slow. Best when there is live music.

Visited October 2013