“Superb”

Sage
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Food for The Soul - locally sourced ingredient lead innovative, nutritional balanced and extremely tasty. Small menu, freshly made changes regularly.Great venue for private events, parties or weddings.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I visited with a friend in August an took full advantage of the outside secluded table, the menu was pleasingly short (a good sign of a planned & sourced menu) and also had great choices. The service was perfect-there when required and invisible the rest of the time. The service and menu were a good reflection of the area and my friend and I enjoyed a relaxing, enjoyable meal for an agreeable price, I will return again.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have eaten here many times over the past 2 years and have never been disappointed. The food is unique to Arundel as it has a menu that works with unusual combinations and flavours, all are involved with healthy eating . I would suggest you check the menu out on there website as it changes regularly. it also has a great wine list to compliment all the dishes. Try the Jazz night if you book early enough, its great !

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Sage is a very pretty little place set back from the road which makes sitting outside very pleasant and especially nice when they have live bands on. i have been to sage a few times and have only just got round to writing a review. the food at sage is its most outstanding feature with a local chief that has years working in world class restaurants. i feel very lucky to be able to eat his food at such a personal setting. on my last visit i had the sharing started for two people which was lovely this included a few small summer dishes to share. for my main i had the sea bream which again was absolutely lovely and for the pice your paying very reasonable. live music by a local guy names frank topped the night off. i whole heartedly recommend sage and will without a doubt be visiting again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our first visit to Arundel. We had seen recent reviews which weren't particularly positive, but our daughter and flatmate wanted to try it. To be honest, while we were in town we tried to book a couple of other places, but they were fully booked anyway.

So I visited on the afternoon of our meal, and the owner greeted me with a nice smile and took the booking. Later that night four of us took our seats. I hadn't realised that there would be live music, at the time of booking. Didn't expect much on that front.

Between the four of us, we had scallops and chicken liver for starters, then sea bream, confit of duck, lamb and a vegetarian risotto with haloumi and asparagus. Everyone of us thought the food was amazing. A wonderful meal. One dessert shared by the ladies,also very good.

My chicken liver was delicious with lovely, salty,crispy strips of crackling that melted in your mouth. The crispy duck also melted in the mouth, served with noodles. My descriptive powers do not do the meal justice.

As for service, the owner was still working hard, with a young man to help. They were attentive, with strong interaction with all customers. The starters took a bit too long to arrive, but boy were they worth waiting for. Everything else was perfect.

The music was provided by a chap named Frank who had a terrific voice and his choice of songs was brilliant, lots of Beatles stuff, but more modern songs too, and we were all singing along by the end ( not normal behaviour for me!)

The score for this review is based on the whole dining experience. It was great.the evening that was topped by a virtuoso performance by a celebrity diner who sang a couple of songs and engaged with everyone else in the restaurant. What a voice. Thanks Rusty!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice meal - the salmon starter & the mustard chicken main course were delicious. Friendly service and an entertaining bloke singing covers & playing guitar. Interesting art work on the walls (for sale). Everyone in our group enjoyed the food and the overall experience. Would certainly recommend it.