“The perfect night away for us”
Review of The Swan Hotel

The Swan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We picked this hotel as a last minute option and not only did we get a cracking deal, but it did not let us down. A beautifully clean and tastefully decorated hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly - we asked for extra tea bags in our room, blinked and they were there. The glass bottled water and the little tin of biscuits was a really nice touch. The shower was second to none - so hot and powerful, we didn't want to get out!
We were there for the pub's burger night (Thurs) which was lucky for us as they were great! The cooked breakfast which was included in the price we paid was delicious and all very nicely presented on vintage looking crockery.
Overall our favourite stay away in a long while and all in the heart of Arundel.
The best part of all was that our dog was allowed to be there to share it all with us and we are very grateful!
Keep up the good work - we will be recommending you to all we know. ;-)

Room Tip: Executive room was a good size and shower was divine!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrippingJoJo
There are newer reviews for The Swan Hotel

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was walking the south downs way for a long weekend as I often do, and I always love to stop off in the Swan Hotel in Arundel along the way. As ever, the staff were amazing, the room was top notch and for a change I ate dinner here as well this time, as I was extra tired, and it didn't disappoint, it was as good as everything else. I had room 1 which others do point out is quite small, but I was on my own so it was just fine for me. I could understand why a couple might find it cramped, but after a hard day on the downs in driving snow I wasn't really bothered, it was comfy warm and welcoming.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have just had 2 nights at this lovely little place for a birthday weekend
Its a pub with rooms and its a very good one
The food was very good as were the staff

Our biggest issue was there was only a standard room left whjen we booked 10 weeks ago and we were not told that the room we were getting was VERY small and the bathroom as small as an airplane loo! Go for another room

That said the room was warm,clean and the bed and bedding of great quality

Room Tip: Dont book room one very very small!
1  Thank Droopydrawrs52
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The reason I voted this hotel average and not very good was based on the quality of the room. It is small. Very small. Just enough room for the bed.The tea making area was missing milk and we had a half eaten tine of tiny biscuits left for us.

The bathroom, or rather, shower room, had a broken extractor fan that made a load moaning and squeaking noise each time you turned the bathroom light on. There was no water other than from the bathroom sink tap.

The location is awesome being in the centre of Arundel. The breakfast was magnificent, with the widest choice I have seen anywhere.

On the whole I feel that the room was over priced for what it was, but a comfortable hotel with a great location and great food.

Room Tip: Consider the superior room. From what I can tell it is vastly superior to the standard rooms which w...
1  Thank jd-onthemove
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A lovely room, albeit small, with comfortable bed. There was an abundance of tea, coffee, fresh milk and biscuits. The toiletries were very nice but no need surely to change them every day of my three night stay. Very wasteful. The only thing missing was WATER! I am always reluctant to drink from bathroom taps so even a small bottle of water would have been welcome. I eventually begged a bottle from housekeeping as had pills to take, and carefully left the bottle by my bed for later.....only to find it had been removed! The only other thing is, great to have a hair dryer but flex not long enough to use it in conjunction with the mirror!

Room Tip: Upgrade if you are a couple staying more than one night. There is very little space in a standard r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on an extremely cold day. Our room was an executive room and it was very cold. I mentioned it to reception and was told all the portable heaters were being used and that the room would warm up after a couple of hours but it didn't so i went to reception again this time the manager got a heater from his office after quite a while the room started to warm up but only just. It is an old building and it was extra cold weather conditions but i just wanted to be warm. The hotel is in a great location for castle, restaurant and shops. The down side is that the hotel doesn't have private parking you can park in the public carpark at the back of the hotel at 7 pounds a day. Tip for you if you put 1.20 in after 6 pm it will take you to 11am the next morning giving you time tp eat breakfast. The breakfast is very nice a good menu. The castle is magical. Prezzo s very good and Chinese restaurant excellent. You won't be disappointed visiting arundel its such a lovely place. Somewhere i would recommend is the premier inn 5 minutes away we stayed there last time and if i went back that's where i would stay. Great value for money and exceptionally clean.

• Stayed: April 2013
Beata S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm truly sorry to hear that everything was not as it should have been during your stay with us - a warm room is something very basic and I'm sorry it wasn't present from the start of your stay. We do in fact have portable heaters for every room in the building, which should have been made available to you from your arrival.

I do hope you'll keep us in mind when you return to Arundel - we do endeavour to offer something a little special to all our guests and I'd love for you to return and give my team a second chance to offer you a great stay.

Best regards,

Beata Slapikaite

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights 2 - 5 April, We found the hotel very clean, bedrooms comfortable but No 7, which was a superior room, was a bit small for more than one night and unfortunately as we stayed more than one night there was no drawers so it meant we lived out of our suitcase. That wasn't the hotels fault we should have asked for a larger room. We plan to stay again and will request a larger room next time. The breakfast was excellent with a great choice of food and cooked to order, the staff were very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Beata S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us here on TripAdvisor. It's good to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and my team looked after you well. We've tried to make the best use of all available space in our of our bedrooms, which certainly involves being creative when you're working with a 250 year old building! But thank you for being understanding of this, and I truly look forward to welcoming you back to Arundel in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Beata Slapikaite

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Travelodge Arundel Fontwell
Arundel Park Hotel
Arundel Park Hotel
#7 of 7 in Arundel

Been to The Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!