“Above and beyond.”
Review of The Swan Hotel

The Swan Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We booked the swan as our reception for ours sons christening and was very happy with every aspect of hotel. The management were very easy to deal with and kept in touch until we had everything how we wanted it. We had a buffet for our guests with tea and coffee, for the prices they charged we were expecting bog standard food with instant coffee and tea. How wrong could we of been, all of the meats, sausages etc came from the butchers across the road, sandwiches on thick crusty bread with no shortage of filling and fresh ground coffee on tap.

We had enough food for our party then enough again for 20 people that they all kindly packed up for when we got home.

We had some family stay over at the hotel and the compliments that came back to us just re assured us this is a wonderful place to eat and stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
Beata S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Mr & Mrs Standing,

Thank you for reviewing you christening buffet at The Swan on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it and that your guests were well fed! I do hope that you'll not be a stranger and that we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We have recently had the most lovely stay at The Swan. The hotel is beautifully decorated with a very homely feel. The staff went above and beyond their call of duty to ensure we were comfortable, a special thanks to Alex and Carol who were so lovely and made our stay very enjoyable.
Breakfast was beautiful with a large choice of cooked meals that were delicious. Dinner was also superb, a very high standard for a pub restaurant.
I look forward to returning and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Charlotte,

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us at The Swan, and thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. It sounds as though my team looked after you well during your stay, and I do hope that if you find yourself back in the UK, you'll visit Arundel (and us!) again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We have just had our wedding reception and x2 night stay at The Swan and we cannot rate this venue highly enough. From first meeting with the Manager, Beata (the most wonderful woman on the planet) we have been looked after to the highest degree and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for them. Beata, Alex and their staff ensured our wedding reception ran smoothly and without 1 single hitch and our guests are still raving on about the outsatnding quality...and quantity of the food.
Breakfast the next morning is also extremely delicious and with locally sourced products (not that we had much room for it after the fabulous 3 course meal the night before!)
Their attention to detail was out of this world and Beata also gave us a lovely wedding gift.
The hotel room was what you'd want from your own bedroom and more. The comfiest pillows we've ever rested our heads on!!
I honestly can't rate The Swan highly enough and will never be able to thank them enough for their hospitality, kindness and AWESOME food!
The new Mr & Mrs Moran x

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Beata S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Helen,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure to organise your reception with you, and delighted that your guests had a fantastic time. The little touches make a world of difference in some many cases, so I'm they helped make you day. I hope you're having a fantastic time as Mr & Mrs Moran, and that we'll see you again for your Anniversary, if not before!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I can't fault our stay at the Swan Hotel. My husband and I decided on a last minute weekend away at the end of September and couldn't have made a better choice of hotel. This is far more than a pub! Great food, friendly staff and excellent location. Dinner was fantastic, with fresh, local ingredients at a reasonable price. The included breakfast was amongst the best I have ever tasted - delicious with so much choice. Our comfortable room was newly decorated with shutters and lovely bedding. Extras including fluffy white dressing gowns, a little tin of homemade biscuits, and a flask of fresh milk for your tea/coffee made our stay very special and relaxed. Parking isn't a problem at all, with a small car park behind the hotel. The hotel barman was very helpful in telling us that a ticket bought after 6pm would credit from 8am the following morning, which saved us having to go out before breakfast. We loved exploring the local area including the Castle, the Wildlife and Wetlands Trust and just a short drive to the beach at Littlehampton. However, it was the hotel staff that made our stay so special. The atmosphere was calm, relaxed and welcoming and we will definitely be back....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Swan here on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to hear you had a fabulous time with us from start to finish. We're always striving to offer the very best to our guests, be it the food we serve throughout the day, the standards in our bedrooms or the level of service offered by the team - so I'm really pleased that you felt we delivered during your stay.

I do hope you find the time the time to visit Arundel again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Staying at the Swan was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend. my room was delightful, the staff were pleasant, and the dinner and breakfasts were delicious and extremely good value. I just wish I could have stayed for longer and hope to return.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Arun room, No. 16, very quiet, roomy, with a lovely bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Carmel,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay with us while visiting Arundel, that you enjoying our dining room to the full and that the team looked after you well. I do hope that'll you'll find time to come to Arundel and visit again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

we stayed at the swan hotel on 25th september 2012 the staff were very freindly ,nice calm atmosphere ,the food was lovely , the one thing i was dissapointed with was our room it cost £95 was small not really worth the money we stayed in room no 15 .

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, but sorry to hear that you did not feel your room was good value for money.

Room 15 is one of "Standard" doubles and is very simple compared to our Superior and Executive rooms, but we feel if you are just after a place to bed down after a hard days sight-seeing, it's a good option for most guests.

I do hope the positives of your stay will keep us in mind if you ever find yourself in Arundel again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here a couple of years ago with a friend in a twin and it was great, but it's gotten even better since. They appear to have had a refurbishment since I was last there and the room I was in (a double with single occupancy) was lovely. It was full of nice little touches that made you feel very welcome. What really made the stay though was the quality and friendliness of the staff. I'll be sure to return again. (PS I had fantastic smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast as well).

Room Tip: I was above the main bar (room 7 I think) but it didn't disturb me at all - I liked the décor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Graham,

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us at The Swan. As a returning guest, I'm pleased to hear you like the refurbishment - a great deal of guest feedback went into the planning process! I'm glad to hear the team looked after you well, and that enjoyed your time with us.

Hope to see you soon when you're next in Arundel.

Beata Slapikaite

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
#5 of 10 in Worthing
Angmering Manor
Angmering Manor
#1 of 1 in Angmering

Been to The Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!