My boyfriend and I visited here over Easter and had a wonderful stay. Firstly, Arundel is such a beautiful and unspoilt town, we cannot wait to go back again. I would firstly like to address a few of the negatives that others have pointed out in previous reviews! 1) You do not get locked out after 11pm. The pub/bar closes then and you get your own keys for the back door if you want to come in later, it is your choice. 2) The TV does NOT only have 4 channels. We had over 30 and all very good reception. Also maybe we were just lucky but the bed was very very comfy!
The main positive I would like to point out is how pleasant the staff are. We arrived early with luggage and they let us leave our stuff there before check in so we could make the most of our day. Likewise, after we checked out at 10.30am, we had a good 4 hours before our train home and they let us leave our luggage there. The location is also perfect-only about a 10 minute stroll from the station and the castle/shops/riverside are on the doorstep. The room itself is also of a decent size and also there were some nice little touches like free shortbread and hot chocolate!
There were a few small negatives however which prevented me from giving this hotel full marks.
1) The mobile reception was almost completely non-exsistent which was annoying.
2) The TV was tiny!!
3) It WAS noisy but only until 11pm and booking a room at a pub you have to expect this, I don't understand anyone who moans about this when surely they know this would be the case!
4) The breakfast was ok but I didn't like the choice of breakfasts, I had the waffle though and it was delicious. None of the tables were cleared so it was all a bit messy.
Overall all though we had a fantastic stay at the Swan Hotel and would definitely re-visit, especially to see the wonderful town that is Arundel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the West Sussex market town of Arundel, The Swan Hotel is a traditional country pub with 14 stylish ensuite rooms. Full English breakfast with local sausages, fish and chips and drinks, The Swan Hotel really is one of the town's hottest eateries. Free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Swan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.