“Family freindly”

Ranked #30 of 54 Restaurants in Arundel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I found this pub a nice family place my children enjoyed the food as usly they are very picky .also my husband had the pie that was home made from the filling to the pastry.i enjoyed my meal also and the the sweets were also nice. the staff were very helpfull and the cheff was very understanding when we had to as for extra iteam to be add to are childrens dish as one off my childrens is very picky was pleased to see she eayen all her meal we will be visiting agaon and planning a family holiday on site next to pub well worththe price as i found this fair for what you get to eat ...

1  Thank andy135240

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Have been going to this pub for about 6 years now and recently we have noticed it has changed hands and the new owners are incredibly rude. The landlord was hostile and interrupted me when I was speaking with my husband about the place and told us not to come back! The landlady didnt want to full up the dog's water bowls and was extremely rude and unhelpful. The prices for the food were astronomical and the toilets filthy and covered in spiders webs. Cant believe how badly downhill this place has gone. The last owners kept it beautifully and were always happy to see you.

3  Thank PortsmouthWalrus
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Today,my partner and I vacated the premises after hastily finishing our first drinks in a state of shock. I don't think either of us have ever encountered such arrogance and rudeness in a place like this for a very long time, if not ever.

When my partner said to me that 'I don't think we'll be coming back here', the landlord happily quipped that he was glad of this. All the while that this was going on, blatent regulars of this place may as well have had a red carpet laid out for them.

Such a shame, as we have been coming here whenever we're in the area for many years. Previous owners and staff have always been friendly and welcoming. The sort of thing that goes down well in a rural pub like this. Sadly, as they say,this will be 'the end of an era' for us as we will never be back. I dare say that'll make the landlord's day.

4  Thank George P
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I sorry but I must disagree with the last review, my husband and I took my parents their for Sunday lunch as we have all eaten here before. The prices where £8.95 for one course £10.50 for two and £12.50 for three I also asked for a coffee and was given a pot with at least two cups, sorry I have been to London and these are not London prices. The food was home cooked by Joys husband and my husband was happy that at last he had found somewhere that has a real pie not a cassarole with a puff pastry lid on top. Please think before you make comments as these are read by the people you are slatting and are very personal, hurtfull to them and their business. We found Joy to be friendly chatty person and remembered my parents from their last visit, I speak as I find and I and my family will be returning again.

1  Thank nicola_goble100
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Food is overly expensive,West end prices in west sussex!
The landlady is rude and will not listen to criticism when told the food was undercooked,
There was a dog behind the bar which was free to walk in and out of the kitchen which the landlady petted and then proceeded to pour beer without washing her hands.
I will be reporting this to the local enviroment agency!
Would I visit again? NO